• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Grateful

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today I received ANOTHER email from ElioMobile, again telling me I am getting a 50% BONUS !

WOW !

and so of course, if I can get that additional bonus, I would be a fool not to put down more $ !!

the more I spend the more I am saving !

and if I up it to the max I get a HOLIDAY T-SHIRT !!!

damn, just what I wanted ! when I moved down here 5 years ago I brought down nice pants, shirts, even a sport coat ! I have worn the same bathing suit and the same tshirt for 5 years !

I was thinking, maybe this is a good time to put down 10 deposits ? every deposit I put down I will get a 50% BONUS !

I do not understand why they do not give the bonus to the "refundable" deposits ?? we could all be making $$, put down a $1000. then cancel and get back $1500.

yes ?? would that work ??

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You get a bonus of 50% towards the purchase price of the car, up to the 1000.00 deposit level, which means a maximum of 500.00 will be deducted from the final purchase price. They won't be cutting you a check whatsoever, so your idea of making money will not work at all, sorry to burst your bubble. You can put down as many deposits as you want for as many cars as you're willing to buy though, so if you're made of money you could put down 10,000.00 for 10 cars, and you'd get 5000.00 off in total, but don't think you'll be getting rich off the deal. It is a promotional incentive to help persuade people to buy the car, they're not really giving anything away except for about 7% of the purchase price if you go with a 6800.00 model. If you add on lots of extras, that percentage off goes down. Mr. Elio is no dummy, he'll still be making money with this bonus deal.

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You get a bonus of 50% towards the purchase price of the car, up to the 1000.00 deposit level, which means a maximum of 500.00 will be deducted from the final purchase price. They won't be cutting you a check whatsoever, so your idea of making money will not work at all, sorry to burst your bubble. You can put down as many deposits as you want for as many cars as you're willing to buy though, so if you're made of money you could put down 10,000.00 for 10 cars, and you'd get 5000.00 off in total, but don't think you'll be getting rich off the deal. It is a promotional incentive to help persuade people to buy the car, they're not really giving anything away except for about 7% of the purchase price if you go with a 6800.00 model. If you add on lots of extras, that percentage off goes down. Mr. Elio is no dummy, he'll still be making money with this bonus deal.

I think you could make a good bit of money by selling the other 9 . But that may involve work.

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
There is always the chance, due to lack of availability & high demand, our Elios could appreciate by driving them offa the lot! Wouldn't that just be one more awesome, "I toldya so", when the day comes to get your Elio from the factory! ;)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is always the chance, due to lack of availability & high demand, our Elios could appreciate by driving them offa the lot! Wouldn't that just be one more awesome, "I toldya so", when the day comes to get your Elio from the factory! ;)
some of us are planning with that in mind got all in 1k, and all in $100, and if I can net4-5k over my expenses, I'll wait till the next one

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today I received ANOTHER email from ElioMobile, again telling me I am getting a 50% BONUS !

WOW !

and so of course, if I can get that additional bonus, I would be a fool not to put down more $ !!

damn, just what I wanted ! when I moved down here 5 years ago I brought down nice pants, shirts, even a sport coat ! I have worn the same bathing suit and the same tshirt for 5 years !

I was thinking, maybe this is a good time to put down 10 deposits ? every deposit I put down I will get a 50% BONUS !

I do not understand why they do not give the bonus to the "refundable" deposits ?? we could all be making $$, put down a $1000. then cancel and get back $1500.

o_O

interesting interview with Paul Elio on the Mother Nature Website !
it is the first time he ADMITS the current reality !
right now the ElioMobile is over budget !
that is excellent news !
I would MUCH rather hear the truth, that it might be more than the $6800. they had HOPED for, rather than continued smoke and mirrors. we all WANT the $6800. price point, but personally if it can stay under $10,000. and actually make it into production,

he also mentions the 84 MPG, and uses 80 as a reference (goal)

build me my bright yellow ElioMobile, with a sequential manual transmission getting 50 MPG for $10,000. and I will put down the $10,000. NOW !!!

sequential transmission, available in the Smartcar, just like all motorcycles, allows shifting with just a tap, rather than the old fashion "H" pattern ,,,

it does NOT need to be real powerful and fast to be FUN !!! the Baby Boomer Motorcyclists would jump on this if it just had a little "fun factor" built in ! Just look at the Can Am SPYDER ! that little ROTAX engine would be PERFECT ! They already have the electronic sequential transmission available !

don't sell this as a three wheeled casket ! PUT IN SOME FUNFACTOR !

what about the EV and the HYBRIDS ??

all we need is that loan from the Government to get this jumpstarted !

WE ARE SO CLOSE !

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score

WOW !

OF COURSE THAT WOULD NOT WORK

JUST HAVING FUN ...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
interesting interview with Paul Elio on the Mother Nature Website !
it is the first time he ADMITS the current reality !
right now the ElioMobile is over budget !
that is excellent news !
I would MUCH rather hear the truth, that it might be more than the $6800. they had HOPED for, rather than continued smoke and mirrors. we all WANT the $6800. price point, but personally if it can stay under $10,000. and actually make it into production,

if this is the article being referenced ===> http://www.eliomotors.com/mother-nature-network-the-quirky-80-mpg-6800-elio-should-debut-next-year/ <=== I really don't see anything that hasn't been repeatedly mentioned over the last few months .... specifically, where it is reports : "Paul Elio says the tiny, three-wheeled 80-mpg car with his name on it will cost what he’s been saying all along — the bottom line is still $6,800. “We’re only about $500 over budget on the car right now,” he said." .... $500 is only 7% off of the $6,800 target .... considering how long ago that target price was formulated, I consider that to be remarkable ... I believe EM continues to make a strong effort to get to a $6,800 price point that will include whatever profit margin they are factoring into the price .... in the end, the price will be what it will be

Jim

Top Bottom