• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Greetings From Spurs Country!

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I first heard of the Elio last week via a Yahoo story, and I've been totally intrigued ever since. I haven't yet made a reservation, but I'm really close, I think. My 12-year-old Mazda Protege5 is still humming along nicely, but I think I've talked my wife into the possibility of adding an Elio to our stable under the idea that we might pass it along to our kids when they get old enough.

...oh, and if there are any Miami fans out there, I don't mean to taunt you. It was just such a fun series to watch (for a Spurs fan, anyway).

--3WB

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I first heard of the Elio last week via a Yahoo story, and I've been totally intrigued ever since. I haven't yet made a reservation, but I'm really close, I think. My 12-year-old Mazda Protege5 is still humming along nicely, but I think I've talked my wife into the possibility of adding an Elio to our stable under the idea that we might pass it along to our kids when they get old enough.

...oh, and if there are any Miami fans out there, I don't mean to taunt you. It was just such a fun series to watch (for a Spurs fan, anyway).

--3WB
Welcome threewheeldude but the Elio will only burn 2 of those 3 wheels. Although the 3rd can be made to slide around the corners I'm sure. Plus please be more specific about "spur country" Those of us from Reo Linda don't make the connection between spurs and San Diego. LOL

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

--3WB

Welcome dude and congrats on the championship. That series was a great display of teamwork in action. Basketball the way it was supposed to be played. Think PElio is putting together a similar team in Shreveport. Can't wait to see PE's dream coming off the assembly line and mine parked in my drive way. I, like you, have an older Civic that is performing nicely. Have calculated that an Elio commuter car will save me appx $986/yr. and will allow me to keep my Civic many more years.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Elio Owners forum from Atlanta, GA! :)

So glad you were able to enjoy the Yahoo news story on the Elio last week and it make you interested enough to continue learning more about this unique vehicle. We are very glad to have you here. You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

When you do jump in with a reservation we have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

--3WB
Hi and welcome from Oregon, 3WB. I hope you enjoy the "ride" on this historical adventure and journey towards Elio production and ownership. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that didn't take long. I caved and made an "All in" reservation this morning! Now, I've got about 18 months or more to decide on a color... I'm leaning towards Creamsicle though.

Congrats on joining the All In reservation club! As you said you will have plenty of time to decide the details like color and options. You will also have even more reason to follow along and watch from the front row as a new vehicle and new car company are born.

Top Bottom