• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Group Is Slowing Down

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I personally do not think Elio Motors is in a "holding pattern with nothing happening".

I do think Elio Motors has learned to remain silent until after something has happened, as they have taken plenty of licks from those who are addicted to the 'gotcha!' moments. EM has given those types plenty. I also think Elio Motors is very aware of the very real time frame they have to start hiring or face stiff financial penalties from Racer Trust, and are attempting to move mountains to line up needed capital.
I agree. I fully believe that there are a lot of things going on in the background. Just because they haven't released any new information doesn't mean they aren't working just as hard as always. As a consumer, I would love to have new information daily/weekly/monthly. But i have to realistic as well. Just bidding my time...

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You would think though, that if they had started the prototypes, they would say "The building of prototypes has started!" I think that would only generate excitement and show progress. Right now we are just sitting here speculating and hoping that something is going on, but we don't know if what or anything is happening.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You would think though, that if they had started the prototypes, they would say "The building of prototypes has started!" I think that would only generate excitement and show progress. Right now we are just sitting here speculating and hoping that something is going on, but we don't know if what or anything is happening.

unfortunately, if they did make such an announcement, my bet is it would be met by folks determined to cast doom and gloom in the same manner as the motor release, the acquisition of the factory, the sale of surplus equipment, and on and on and on ... go back to post prior to the release of the motor video .... charges of covering up problems with the motor and worse were rampant .... statements that if they would just show the motor running all would be right with the world .... a video was released, happy days for a hot minute .... soon, questions of why not more video, why no statements of progress, why - why - why resumed .... if they announced the start of building prototypes prior to having full funding, there is little doubt that things would improve for a while .... but, the doubters/haters wouldn't hold off long demanding more info and declaring that they would never have sufficient funding to complete the process .... its a shame that is the reality

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

They have gotten themselves in a catch 22 situation. They have gotten such backlash for not meeting some goals, that I think they are a little gunshy to release information until it is a sure thing to be completed.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You and I would think so. Sadly tho, history (with EM) has shown that any information they release has been picked apart and blown far out of proportion. I think many have good intentions. They think that "a kick in the butt" will make EM work harder. The reality is, all that is accomplished is, adding more stress to a mountain of stress.
As much as I would love to be a part of "the team" that is working on this monumental task, I would have walked away.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

When does the "prototype" start? When the detailed drawing is complete? When the foundry is ready to start pouring? When the specs for the SMC body panels are complete? When the initial foundry castings are milled?
No matter what you say, someone will say ..........'well I watched [insert TV show name] and it only took them a couple of weeks'.
So no matter what you decide to call the start, someone will say that isn't the start. Probably someone who has never put a grease gun on a zerk fitting or held a torque wrench in their hand.
And would it be a prototype if it cant be exactly replicated on a production line?
You're going to be damned if you do and damned if you don't so maybe the best thing is to be silent and move ahead without offering naysayers the opportunity to make negative comments about each step.
Yes, I'll be frustrated by not knowing the progress, but better frustrated than enraged by the comments of people who are just trolling and trying to jerk others around.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You and I would think so. Sadly tho, history (with EM) has shown that any information they release has been picked apart and blown far out of proportion. I think many have good intentions. They think that "a kick in the butt" will make EM work harder. The reality is, all that is accomplished is, adding more stress to a mountain of stress.
As much as I would love to be a part of "the team" that is working on this monumental task, I would have walked away.

Yes, because that is precisely what happens when you are less than honest. The heat and pressure just keep increasing!

Did no one else read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf!"?

Elio Motors is reaping what it has tried to sow. Having pushed so much half-baked and ill-thought-out marketing propaganda instead of real updates for so long, no one trusts them anymore to give a straight answer, and the pressure just increases.

Silence is a good policy for them. First rule of holes is when you find yourself in one, STOP DIGGING. Which is what they are doing. Next rule is: ASK FOR HELP. Let's hope they get there. It requires complete, utter, vulnerable honesty about how you got in the hole in the first place. You'd be surprised how many people will forgive if given an honest answer and a chance :)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, because that is precisely what happens when you are less than honest. The heat and pressure just keep increasing!

Did no one else read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf!"?

Elio Motors is reaping what it has tried to sow. Having pushed so much half-baked and ill-thought-out marketing propaganda instead of real updates for so long, no one trusts them anymore to give a straight answer, and the pressure just increases.

Silence is a good policy for them. First rule of holes is when you find yourself in one, STOP DIGGING. Which is what they are doing. Next rule is: ASK FOR HELP. Let's hope they get there. It requires complete, utter, vulnerable honesty about how you got in the hole in the first place. You'd be surprised how many people will forgive if given an honest answer and a chance :)

When evaluating someones ability provide a meaningful critique of a company I need to have some idea of their background.
Most of the people I hear criticizing Elio don't sound like they could run a grease gun at a Jiffy Lube, an impact wrench at a Discount Tire, or a push broom at PEP Boys.

Top Bottom