• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Has anyone seen the Electra Solo?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far saying the FUV is aimed at the poor- it is still a 20k + 3wheeler. ELIOMOTORS' "come on" starting price of 7k definitely helped garnered interest to the tune of 90+ K reservations but not the investors who knows better. I would really love them to just go back where they started with the ICE platform, start small, sell limited numbers and priced REALISTICALLY. They've already spent millions on ads so they're already well known. I can envision those original reservation holders getting excited all over again, but this time around, they can actually own one.
Arcimoto’s “come on” starting price was $11,900, but the finalized production model real price was $19,900 fully optioned. The current base model is $17,900. Start adding options and the price point becomes ridiculously high for a three wheel two seat and vehicle. Targeted lower pricing only if/when production scale kick’s in.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto’s “come on” starting price was $11,900, but the finalized production model real price was $19,900 fully optioned. The current base model is $17,900. Start adding options and the price point becomes ridiculously high for a three wheel two seat and vehicle. Targeted lower pricing only if/when production scale kick’s in.
It is truly a unique ride. But for that fully optioned price, I would expect a fully enclosed FUV and be able to do more than just run errands around the neighborhood. Even if it's allowed to operate in the freeways, there's not much to protect you from front, back or side impact....and from aggressive drivers. But I will buy it for $11,900 whenever that production scale kicks in.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is truly a unique ride. But for that fully optioned price, I would expect a fully enclosed FUV and be able to do more than just run errands around the neighborhood. Even if it's allowed to operate in the freeways, there's not much to protect you from front, back or side impact....and from aggressive drivers. But I will buy it for $11,900 whenever that production scale kicks in.
I agree on safety concerns, but likely the safest motorcycle on the planet. I’d pay $20K for a fully enclosed FUV, it was a fun test drive. 90% of my driving these days is city and I‘d choose to drive a more comfortable /safer vehicle on a long road trip. Same issue with the Solo. I’m beginning to wonder if they will make it. So little progress since the 2019‘s production start.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It all comes down to how much you're willing to pay for fun. There's the Slingshot from Polaris, it's available to buy @ 20k and up. It's also ICE w/ 203hp engine which will deliver all the fun, the looks, attention and adrenaline rush you'll ever need. 3wheelers are expensive to MASS produce because not a lot of people are looking to buy them as their daily ride. The Slingshot was first introduced in 2014 as a 2015 model and by far they've only sold 30K + and it takes 12+ weeks to get yours delivered so that's not really mass produced is it?
The Slingshot and Spider both leave you out in the elements. It would be much more practical to offer something like the Elio, with it's enclosed interior, that can be operated in inclimate weather...

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Slingshot and Spider both leave you out in the elements. It would be much more practical to offer something like the Elio, with it's enclosed interior, that can be operated in inclimate weather...
I have heard this from some of the biggest fans of the FUV. They refuse to buy one unless there are full doors. As we all know, there are puddles on the other side of the road and thus when someone drives through them while you are going past that same area, the water comes at you at a 90 degree angle. Thus no doors means, you get soaked. If you drive down subdivision streets in a drizzle with nobody around, the FUV performs excellent. I am looking forward to someone showing that they can haul a travel trailer with their FUV.

Just so you know, you left out another three wheeler. The Vanderhall. It has nationwide sales and service centers. They have a roof like the FUV but instead of the $11,900 FUV (when they hit 10K units in 2022), they are for the uber rich at a mere $44,000 for that version. In the end, Elio has the best product. Safety, HVAC and protection from the climate. All which the FUV and every other 3 wheeler doesn't have. Top it off, it's only $7,450 and will be sold with 120 showrooms (which you can take a test drive in one and see if it's all hyped up like the internet tells you it is) all over the US and Pep Boys does all of the warranty and service.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the end, Elio has the best product. Safety, HVAC and protection from the climate. All which the FUV and every other 3 wheeler doesn't have. Top it off, it's only $7,450 and will be sold with 120 showrooms (which you can take a test drive in one and see if it's all hyped up like the internet tells you it is) all over the US and Pep Boys does all of the warranty and service.
Except for one minor problem. It doesn't exist!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have heard this from some of the biggest fans of the FUV. They refuse to buy one unless there are full doors. As we all know, there are puddles on the other side of the road and thus when someone drives through them while you are going past that same area, the water comes at you at a 90 degree angle. Thus no doors means, you get soaked. If you drive down subdivision streets in a drizzle with nobody around, the FUV performs excellent. I am looking forward to someone showing that they can haul a travel trailer with their FUV.

Just so you know, you left out another three wheeler. The Vanderhall. It has nationwide sales and service centers. They have a roof like the FUV but instead of the $11,900 FUV (when they hit 10K units in 2022), they are for the uber rich at a mere $44,000 for that version. In the end, Elio has the best product. Safety, HVAC and protection from the climate. All which the FUV and every other 3 wheeler doesn't have. Top it off, it's only $7,450 and will be sold with 120 showrooms (which you can take a test drive in one and see if it's all hyped up like the internet tells you it is) all over the US and Pep Boys does all of the warranty and service.
Most everything in your reply regarding the FUV is inaccurate. I require the door option, but most prefer the open air model and stay surprisingly dry even in downpour rains.……..it’s a motorcycle. The Vanderhall appears to be very low, no roof, and totally open in the side by side photo comparison. The Vanderhall driver’s line of site appears to be at the FUV’s headlight level and from a safety perspective difficult to see and be seen in traffic. Also, the step over would make ingress/egress difficult for old geezers, like me.

1667789669546.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Vanderhall appears to be very low, no roof, and totally open in the side by side photo comparison.
I suggest you look at the Vanderhall website. They only offer one model without a roof. As for the rain protection of the FUV, again, I want to see real world results. For example, a Jeep has detachable doors. I can tell you from owning one that they still get the issue of oncoming traffic and puddles where it'll soak you down when the doors are removed. I seriously doubt that the low riding FUV would be any better. Thus, full doors are a requirement. Which brings me back to my argument, the FUV is a low production item as it's a play toy. Not an everyday vehicle. Yes, there will be the dude who will prove me wrong but those are the ones that are trying to prove that their purchase was the correct one. I remember this with the people that were all over the BMW i3 and claimed it was perfect for all conditions and travel. I had one and even though I liked it, it had some major limitations.

I ask everyone that lives in states where it rains or where winter exists, how many Jeeps do you see right now that have the doors detached vs the ones that are attached.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suggest you look at the Vanderhall website. They only offer one model without a roof. As for the rain protection of the FUV, again, I want to see real world results. For example, a Jeep has detachable doors. I can tell you from owning one that they still get the issue of oncoming traffic and puddles where it'll soak you down when the doors are removed. I seriously doubt that the low riding FUV would be any better. Thus, full doors are a requirement. Which brings me back to my argument, the FUV is a low production item as it's a play toy. Not an everyday vehicle. Yes, there will be the dude who will prove me wrong but those are the ones that are trying to prove that their purchase was the correct one. I remember this with the people that were all over the BMW i3 and claimed it was perfect for all conditions and travel. I had one and even though I liked it, it had some major limitations.

I ask everyone that lives in states where it rains or where winter exists, how many Jeeps do you see right now that have the doors detached vs the ones that are attached.
Low riding FUV? Again, not accurate. The FUV has a comparable height to my SUV. Compare the FUV‘s height to the low riding, open, difficult to ingress/egress Vanderhall in the photo above…….and watch the FUV’n in the rain video……..dry compared to the Vanderhall and other three wheeler motorcycles. Frankly, the FUV is an & vehicle……..supplement to the family car. Ass.u.ming future availability of a fully enclosed FUV, I’d choose to drive my SUV on the cold and nasty weather days regardless, and leave the FUV in the garage. Everyone has different needs/wants. You claim the FUV should be ideal for all weather conditions and travel. The FUV is a daily use commuter, fun utility vehicle, not a Vanderhall, weekend play toy. Arcimoto is low production numbers until production scale kicks in. I give them credit for crossing the production finish line. Most other concepts I’ve had interest in……Vaporware. Test drive one when available in your neck of the woods, you’ll like it……more than your Vanderhall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom