• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hats Off For The Face Book Answer People

tenbsmith

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha ha, yeah some of the questions are pretty lame. But hey, that's facebook. Lot's of people see it for the first time on their smartphone and just post their question. I have no problem with that, I just don't answer those.

Seems to me there are a couple people over their who respond a bit too aggressively to negative comments or even comments like "I'll wait until they are in production." I think it best to just ignore those type of comments.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think my biggest frustration, whether it is on Facebook or forums; is when people answer a question or make a statement with false information. Especially since the bulk of the fallacies are proven incorrect by simply reading the Elio Motors website. I started an Elio thread on an RV forum that I frequent and someone posted to it yesterday stating he would not own one because it is estimated that it will only get 30mpg city.

It is also comical to read some of the overreactions to some responses. Some people definitely get way too passionate about somethings.

Rolf

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my biggest frustration, whether it is on Facebook or forums; is when people answer a question or make a statement with false information. Especially since the bulk of the fallacies are proven incorrect by simply reading the Elio Motors website. I started an Elio thread on an RV forum that I frequent and someone posted to it yesterday stating he would not own one because it is estimated that it will only get 30mpg city.

It is also comical to read some of the overreactions to some responses. Some people definitely get way too passionate about somethings.

And some people want Elio never of the ground, especially if the price stays low. But they can only hope.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And some people want Elio never of the ground, especially if the price stays low. But they can only hope.
The ironic thing is that all Elio needs to succeed is enough people to want their product. Basic supply and demand. On the Facebook Q&A with Paul Elio he stated that they with in three hundred dollars of hitting the target price of $6,800. If they reach their mpg goal this summer it would be crazy to not buy one. I am generally a very pessimistic person, but it is hard to find anything bad about this company. Every week they make positive steps towards proving all the haters wrong.

Reaction score
I wish other entities I deal with, like the federal government was as transparent as Elio. Everything is there, all the information available is there on their site, youtube, TV interviews ect. Pessimistic is my middle name (not really). I wonder if my elio would run after the EMT attack? Sorry, just I blonde old lady thought ............

Rolf

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish other entities I deal with, like the federal government was as transparent as Elio. Everything is there, all the information available is there on their site, youtube, TV interviews ect. Pessimistic is my middle name (not really). I wonder if my elio would run after the EMT attack? Sorry, just I blonde old lady thought ............

Sorry, only if they go back before the electronic age, and that wont happen.:)

Reaction score
I understand that this is about impossible to build a vehicle without computers. Battery and wiring will be fine. So going back to non-electric isn't necessary, just computers. All the vehicles on the road will cease. But, I will still be able for little while, take the back roads to get my family gathered in. One at a time as long as the gas holds out. Wish my elio was in my garage today.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All comments are welcome as far as I am concerned. Some are well founded and make one stop and think a bit For example: Engine and drive train must be in the vehicle to study MPG potential, handeling characteristics, etc., but few have made an issue on this subject to date!! The GEO METRO set up tells you nothing as to the propulsion system planned for the production model and that's what we have agreed to buy for the most part sight unseen and without having test driven it!!

Rolf

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone who wants to own and drive an Elio, can't be that 'old'.:)

Top Bottom