• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hats Off For The Face Book Answer People

tenbsmith

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
An ElectroMagnetic Pulse attack would probably only affect a small proportion of cars according to this report prepared for the Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
http://web.ornl.gov/sci/ees/etsd/pes/pubs/ferc_Meta-R-320.pdf
The report is long, but the above point is covered on the last couple of pages.

I agree that the current prototypes tell us next to nothing about how the Elio will drive, accelerate, or conserve gas.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand that this is about impossible to build a vehicle without computers. Battery and wiring will be fine. So going back to non-electric isn't necessary, just computers. All the vehicles on the road will cease. But, I will still be able for little while, take the back roads to get my family gathered in. One at a time as long as the gas holds out. Wish my elio was in my garage today.

Spent 20 years teaching military personnel how to fight and survive in nuclear, biological and chemical conditions. IMO. The government should require all vehicles to be hardened against EMP, other wise all government relief operations would have to move around behind an M1 tank with a V plow in front of it to clear the roads.

Reaction score
I read the military bases are mostly hardened, but the private sector which supplies the electric into the bases isn't !!!! I feel so cozy and safe. Think I might check into a after market V plow for my elio. Just kidding I'm too old to be silly. Don't worry youngens, Granny's coming. And yes, I'll wear a helmet.

Rolf

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the military bases are mostly hardened, but the private sector which supplies the electric into the bases isn't !!!! I feel so cozy and safe. Think I might check into a after market V plow for my elio. Just kidding I'm too old to be silly. Don't worry youngens, Granny's coming. And yes, I'll wear a helmet.

You'll never to old to be silly or even funny. Once you lose your sense of humor you'll might as well be dead, keep it up. Even God has a sense of humor - to put up with us.:)

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ironic thing is that all Elio needs to succeed is enough people to want their product. Basic supply and demand. On the Facebook Q&A with Paul Elio he stated that they with in three hundred dollars of hitting the target price of $6,800. If they reach their mpg goal this summer it would be crazy to not buy one. I am generally a very pessimistic person, but it is hard to find anything bad about this company. Every week they make positive steps towards proving all the haters wrong.
;)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spent 20 years teaching military personnel how to fight and survive in nuclear, biological and chemical conditions. IMO. The government should require all vehicles to be hardened against EMP, other wise all government relief operations would have to move around behind an M1 tank with a V plow in front of it to clear the roads.
Ahhnm, any EMF pulse related problems in your health record? :-)

Top Bottom