• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Head To Head Comparison!

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fair comparison except I did not know how hard it must be to multiply 8 gallons x 84 MPG and come up with a range. And less anyone say that number would be a max range the Solo's range is listed as UP to 100 miles. Using a heater or defroster would cut into that severely. It would also make a better comparison if the prices were listed.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fair comparison except I did not know how hard it must be to multiply 8 gallons x 84 MPG and come up with a range. And less anyone say that number would be a max range the Solo's range is listed as UP to 100 miles. Using a heater or defroster would cut into that severely. It would also make a better comparison if the prices were listed.
... and probably windows closed as well. I hope Elio delivers decent numbers with the AC running. It's unrealistic to think we'll be cruising around without windows open and the AC off... My truck's AC runs almost all the time. Even in the winter, it's doing it's job to help squeeze the moisture out of the air.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting comparison, but keep in mind the Solo and Elio are not competing for the same market demographic. The Solo EV will not appeal to the Elio market share because it's electric. The Solo meets the needs of 83% of all commuters as a supplement to the family car to exclude Elio believers. The Solo's solo option is AC.......a less confusing menu of options. I wonder if it includes carpet.

The aerodynamic, light weight carbon fiber, everyday electric Solo's 100 mile range is adequate for 83% of a daily commuter's range (40 miles) with the AC on full blast and the windows rolled down. The actual competition will be the Solo vs the SRK, both electric everyday commuters.

I appreciate all three concepts. The real comparison is that there is currently one actual Solo Owner and reservationist Signature Series Solo's are being built as we type. The short wait is over for Solo believers.

The Solo will test the waters for the market acceptance of a three wheeler commuter. If the Solo sales are brisk over the first year of production, it will be a good sign of market demand for the Elio and SRK three wheelers to follow. The Solo Twinn, Solo Cargo, and Super Solo may be added to the ElectraM model line up in the second year of production.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
soloseat.jpg

Houston... I think we have carpet.

But then, in all honesty, for $7,000 minus $750 in bonuses for everything that I'm getting...
I'll be putting my $50 hunk of close-napped carpet in my Elio with a smile on my face.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting comparison, but keep in mind the Solo and Elio are not competing for the same market demographic. The Solo EV will not appeal to the Elio market share because it's electric. The Solo meets the needs of 83% of all commuters as a supplement to the family car to exclude Elio believers. The Solo's solo option is AC.......a less confusing menu of options. I wonder if it includes carpet.

The aerodynamic, light weight carbon fiber, everyday electric Solo's 100 mile range is adequate for 83% of a daily commuter's range (40 miles) with the AC on full blast and the windows rolled down. The actual competition will be the Solo vs the SRK, both electric everyday commuters.

I appreciate all three concepts. The real comparison is that there is currently one actual Solo Owner and reservationist Signature Series Solo's are being built as we type. The short wait is over for Solo believers.

The Solo will test the waters for the market acceptance of a three wheeler commuter. If the Solo sales are brisk over the first year of production, it will be a good sign of market demand for the Elio and SRK three wheelers to follow. The Solo Twinn, Solo Cargo, and Super Solo may be added to the ElectraM model line up in the second year of production.

Minus the safety equipment built into the Elio, the acceptance of the Solo and the SRK may be somewhat problematical with the general public.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Minus the safety equipment built into the Elio, the acceptance of the Solo and the SRK may be somewhat problematical with the general public.

Actual Safety Ratings will be determined by testing. The general public won't feel any narrow vehicle seems particularly safe, unless it's the 5 star Elio claimed to be shooting for early on.

I wouldn't have to worry about a faulty airbag exploding in with the Solo's or SRK's carbon fiber cabin as it bounces off a heavier vehicle. In reality I worry. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Talk about Apples/Oranges! Why in the world would you want to compare two such different vehicles?
Single seat vs 2 seat, $7300 vs $15.5K, 100 mile vs >600 mile range.
About the only things they have in common is the number of wheels and they are both "new".
Good to compare apples and oranges to determine which better meets your individual taste buds, beyond their shared three wheels platform.

Top Bottom