• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Headlights And The New Iihs Testing Initiative

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, that's David's thing, we've all learned that, that's just the way it is, and no amount of anything said is going to change it.
David's a great guy, has a fantastic collection of cars and is a really good machinist; so if that's his only draw back, it's not so bad.

With that said, we return you to your regularly scheduled Forum ....... :becky:

I understand that. My wife writes in all caps and can't read cursive. It messes her up in her other three languages. I plan to keep her anyway. She is usually very quite.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand that. My wife writes in all caps and can't read cursive. It messes her up in her other three languages. I plan to keep her anyway. She is usually very quite.
A quiet woman who knows for languages. Sounds like she is very smart, definitely a keeper ;)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I dislike the blue tinted headlights currently popular with the "terminally chic" crowd who always have to be trendy. I prefer the traditional yellow tinted headlights. They are easier on the night vision. I believe some gauges are illuminated with red in order to not hinder night vision. (If I am wrong, tell me)

Color towards the red end of the spectrum seems easier on the eyes. I once encountered a vehicle at night with completely yellow headlights. Their headlights were on bright, but they were no problem to me.
sailors and aviators all know that red light does not impair night vision

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
my citroen 2cv had a twist handle that allowed for angle change.
I think driver's weight will play an important factor in headlight adjustment- :-) @ 1200 lbs a hefty with muck lucks could have a dramatic effect- hey, speaking of clothing, I don't believe there is any information/observation on comfort and handling with winter/warm garb on? The E has been shown inside, or in comfortable spring/summer outdoor events?
some 2CVs had external thumb screws for adjusting the headlights, one per light ... and you needed them because putting people in the back drastically altered the car's notion of "level."

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I dislike the blue tinted headlights currently popular with the "terminally chic" crowd who always have to be trendy. I prefer the traditional yellow tinted headlights. They are easier on the night vision. I believe some gauges are illuminated with red in order to not hinder night vision. (If I am wrong, tell me)

Color towards the red end of the spectrum seems easier on the eyes. I once encountered a vehicle at night with completely yellow headlights. Their headlights were on bright, but they were no problem to me.

You may prefer the color yellow, but you get less light output from them:

http://knowledge.sonicelectronix.co...ories-and-installation/hid-color-temperature/

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t17...olor_temperature_and_usable_light_output.html

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had an Opel with a pair of big knobs on the back of the lamp housings. Don't like where your lights are aimed? Pop the hood, give the offending lights quick twist and drop the hood. Done.

Why can't they all be that simple?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had an Opel with a pair of big knobs on the back of the lamp housings. Don't like where your lights are aimed? Pop the hood, give the offending lights quick twist and drop the hood. Done.

Why can't they all be that simple?
Because we have enough of a problem getting people to understand simple turn signals or what the word "STOP" means.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because we have enough of a problem getting people to understand simple turn signals or what the word "STOP" means.
When turning "right on red"; Why is it that people always STOP when they have a green arrow, but don't even slow down when they don't?

ImOnabus

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
When turning "right on red"; Why is it that people always STOP when they have a green arrow, but don't even slow down when they don't?

I am not sure why, however I believe it is related to the reason that people cannot remember to use an indicator when turning or changing lanes but have no difficulty driving for miles with an indicator on and not turning.

Top Bottom