• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Headlights? Real

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do any of you know if the P4 headlights are real, or are they stick on's like stock cars! I can see having skilled people built roll cages, lay up composite panels and such. But it seems to me the headlighs would be very difficult to one off. Just wondering. Ill know in mid August.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do any of you know if the P4 headlights are real, or are they stick on's like stock cars! I can see having skilled people built roll cages, lay up composite panels and such. But it seems to me the headlighs would be very difficult to one off. Just wondering. Ill know in mid August.
Decent question there. I hadn't thought of that. I could have sworn I've seen video of them on but now, I have doubts. This is the part where one minute after I post this, someone posts a video and I feel like an ass.

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They looked real to me. I did not try to turn them on. I know the blinkers and brake light are real.
IMG_0425.JPG

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is only a guess...Based on their desire to keep costs low & to use existing parts as much as possible,& as rncelroy said 'one offs are expensive'... If it were me, I would look around at late model compacts, pick headlights that I thought would work the best, and then, make the Elio hood and bodypanels fit the headlight assemblies. And you will notice the hood shape (by the headlight) has been changed. ;) :cool:

Top Bottom