• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hell-0 From Central Oregon

mrmeeks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm retired. I had a motorcycle accident in September of 2012 (not my fault) and shattered my pelvis and that led to a total hip replacement this past February. I promised my wife I wouldn't ride two wheeled motorcycles any more. But I have been trying to talk her into letting me get a new Can-Am Spyder RSS but I'm not having much luck so far. The Elio might appease me if I can't convince her. It not open air like a bike but it looks like it would be fun to drive and as a bonus it could get 80 some MPG and cost about a third of a Spyder. I haven't put down any money to reserve an Elio because I've ben burned on deals like this before and you are screwed if a company goes bankrupt. So I will have to be patient and see what happens. I will be watching very closely and wishing us all well and Elio Motors. If all goes well with the company and if everyone is happy with there vehicles I may wish I had reserved one.:oops:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome mrmeeks! :)

Sorry to hear about your accident but very glad you are recovering ok even if it has been an extended process. I am sure you will enjoy your time on this forum reading about and discussing this fun little vehicle. We have a very diverse group of folks from all over the country who enjoy discussing everything there is to know about Elio Motors. Be careful as you may even find yourself so caught up in the fun you decide to jump in and put some money down like many of us on here. :D

If you have any issues with this forum please contact a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

Navigator

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard mrmeeks! I am a former Oregonian (35 yrs. in Portland) now retired and living in central FL. Like you I am very cautious when it comes to spending my hard earned money. However, I became intrigued with the Elio after stumbling onto their website in early January while Googling motorcycle trikes. Since then I have become obsessed with what I believe will be a revolutionary vehicle when it comes to personal transportation. I spent countless hours searching for anything and everything I could find dealing with the Elio. Finally, I decided to throw caution to the wind and made an "all-in" reservation after seeing the P4 in West Palm Beach during the Barrett Jackson collector car auction. Now I am in the "can't wait" mode like everyone else with a reservation. :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm retired. I had a motorcycle accident in September of 2012 (not my fault) and shattered my pelvis and that led to a total hip replacement this past February. I promised my wife I wouldn't ride two wheeled motorcycles any more. But I have been trying to talk her into letting me get a new Can-Am Spyder RSS but I'm not having much luck so far. The Elio might appease me if I can't convince her. It not open air like a bike but it looks like it would be fun to drive and as a bonus it could get 80 some MPG and cost about a third of a Spyder. I haven't put down any money to reserve an Elio because I've ben burned on deals like this before and you are screwed if a company goes bankrupt. So I will have to be patient and see what happens. I will be watching very closely and wishing us all well and Elio Motors. If all goes well with the company and if everyone is happy with there vehicles I may wish I had reserved one.:oops:
Welcome from southern Oregon, mrmeeks. According to the EM fb map there is 1 person in Salem, two in Bend, 1 in Cottage Grove, 1 in Coos Bay, a couple in Medford and 1 in Jacksonville plus a two people in the Portland area who are all in at $1K. Off the map is a member here who lives in Drain and has his production number and myself in Sutherlin. I am "all in" at $100 but am working my way up to $500 and then $1K as I can. I was introduced to the Elio in January and fell in love. Within a week of introduction by my son, I knew more about Elio than he did after 2 months. I love the Elio and am so excited about being included in the process as it grows toward production. I hope your hip heals as well as mine did. My titanium hip will be 3 years old next month and I love it. I am definitely considerably older than it. LOL Enjoy this group and your Elio exploration. I bet we will see you driving an Elio in the future and maybe your wife also. LOL :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't overlook your sales pitch to your wife that it is supposed to have a 5-star crash rating. Much safer than your old motorcycle and better than many cars

J9design

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I see that there is only one other "all-in" reservation in Bend...would be great to get together and discuss options for our future fun transportation! Hoping that heated seats will be an option, as well as a roof rack to put a pod on top for extra stuff. Does anyone know if these are possible options? At what point will the price list for options be offered?

Top Bottom