• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello Everyone, I'm New To The Site But My Number Is Fairly Low. 1k All In Back In June.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I'm very excited about getting my Elio! Retired, but hope to use this vehicle as a runaround town, short trips, car shows, etc. I am an Independent Amsoil Dealer and plan to apply a graphic wrap advertising my business, and of course I'll make certain it has "AMSOIL in the crankcase".
Hi and welcome from Oregon, gtvtvv. It looks like you will be getting your Elio a couple of days before me. LOL I'm planning on taking Amtrak to Shreveport so I can get mine. It is going to be a very long trip. I hope you enjoy this diverse and interesting group and will share your thoughts, ideas and creativity with us. Enjoy the journey. It is truly an adventure of our life times. :-) Z

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, gtvtvv. It looks like you will be getting your Elio a couple of days before me. LOL I'm planning on taking Amtrak to Shreveport so I can get mine. It is going to be a very long trip. I hope you enjoy this diverse and interesting group and will share your thoughts, ideas and creativity with us. Enjoy the journey. It is truly an adventure of our life times. :) Z

That will be quite a roadtrip Z! You need to let the members know your route home so they can come out and say "Hi" in person (might even get a free dinner out of the deal!) ;) Or at least some tips on where to lodge at on your sojourn.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I'm very excited about getting my Elio! Retired, but hope to use this vehicle as a runaround town, short trips, car shows, etc. I am an Independent Amsoil Dealer and plan to apply a graphic wrap advertising my business, and of course I'll make certain it has "AMSOIL in the crankcase".
Welcome :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That will be quite a roadtrip Z! You need to let the members know your route home so they can come out and say "Hi" in person (might even get a free dinner out of the deal!) ;) Or at least some tips on where to lodge at on your sojourn.
I had hoped to use places like Youth Hostels, but they are few and far between in the middle 3/4ths of the country. I was talking to my older son on Saturday evening and suggested he meet me in Chicago and go down to Shreveport with me to get my Elio. Assuming production is 3rd quarter next year I have decided to take Amtrak from Portland to Spokane along the northern round through Montana, North Dakota, Minesota, Wisconsin to Chicago and then down to Shreveport. That way I won't be risking driving that route in winter and I want to see it very much. I have never traveled by rail or car along that part of the country altough I have been in all of the states. I have been the southern route before and also across from Salt Lake City to Chicago and beyond several times. I have a year to plan and am enjoying it. There is a Hostel in Chicago and the rooms are very reasonable ($32 for a dorm room). Since I have about an 18 hour wait in Chicago for the train to Shreveport I figure I should get some sleep in a bed rather than sitting up in coach in a train. LOL The wonderful thing about dreams is they are free and can change as needed. :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WELCOME, gtv1vv!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z. If you are considering a run from the west coast to Chicago might I suggest you consider taking the Amtrak Empire Builder train. Direct route from Seattle to Chicago across some of the most beautiful areas you will find including the glacier parks. Dinning cars, glass site seeing cars, and white glove service and very nice old style sleeper cars. The Empire Builder is one of the few remaining luxury rail liners with an amazing flair of a taste of travel back in the day. Truly an Amazing trip that I have done many times myself. Not for those in a rush to reach their destination more for those that value the Trip as the journey. Just a thought to make your Elio venture Very memorable and unique. Which you are.
That is actually the train I will be taking although I will catch it in Portland and go to Spokane by way of the Columbia River Gorge. Depending on the time of year, I will either see the Gorge or not because of the late afternoon departure time. Amtrak is never for those in a hurry but I like it. If the Empire Builder is a double decker, I probably won't be able to use the dining car, unfortunately. I love the family style dining and sharing a table and meal with peole I have never met before. We will have to see. If I get reconstructive surgery before then I might have better mobility even without having my knees replaced. Time will tell but I am having fun planning the trip. I have already decided to join International Youth Hostel next year ($18/yr for seniors) so I can stay in the facility in Chicago. Another chance to meet interesting people. :-) Z

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
gtv1vv, welcome to the family! No matter what you use your Elio for, it's sure to attract attention? I love how some of you retirees, still have a pan in the fire, so to speak! I guess that's what keeps you all so young at heart and forever on the go! :)

Top Bottom