• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello Eveybody

boppo

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Welcome. This has been an interesting adventure, watching a car company being born. Be careful of getting too tied up in less than stellar news though. Ford doesn't announce friendless or production schedule like Elio does so sometimes it can appear Elio is making some missteps. I think when you take into account the fact that Elio is inviting us to see it all, warts and all, and if you remember that startups almost always have a few hiccups, it can be fun. If you have questions, it's highly likely that someone here has asked. We have a great search function and some quite knowledgeable people. Everyone has a different background but we have lawyers, business owners, people working with legislation (Mr. painter, I'm looking at you), fabricators, industrial engineers (that's me. I even worked at the very plant Elio is going to use), and many more.

There are some Debbie downers, too. Some bring up good points. Some think we are all idiots because "big oil will kill it" or "the big three will kill it" or pick you conspiracy theory here. Some are abusive towards anyone with a positive attitude because they "know" it costs a bazillion dollars to do this...

But hey, Elio has a design, a plant, the equipment, professionals, backing from suppliers, a professional engine designer/tester, a manufacturing firm (Comau), and a dedicated staff. It's going to be an exciting year. Enjoy!
I am really pumped about this, Been a Goldwing owner for a long time, first one in 1977 but sold them all cuz it was harder to hold them up at my age. I think this will be a lots of fun, waiting watching and receiving my Elio.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am really pumped about this, Been a Goldwing owner for a long time, first one in 1977 but sold them all cuz it was harder to hold them up at my age. I think this will be a lots of fun, waiting watching and receiving my Elio.

you'll fit right in with a bunch of us in that category .. :)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Went to the NYIAS and saw the Elio and now I am all-in and waiting for my reservation number. I hope I did the right thing and will be waiting for my ride. :)

Welcome! Congrats on your reservation.

Other interesting info if you're not aware... Elio Motors turned in an application for an ATVM loan, probably last August. So we have our collective fingers crossed that we'll hear in the near future, this loan guarantee came through. If it does, we're pretty sure EM will be able to have a start of production. There are other funding options EM is pursuing, but that amount of money (roughly $185 million) would be sweet.

boppo

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Welcome! Congrats on your reservation.

Other interesting info if you're not aware... Elio Motors turned in an application for an ATVM loan, probably last August. So we have our collective fingers crossed that we'll hear in the near future, this loan guarantee came through. If it does, we're pretty sure EM will be able to have a start of production. There are other funding options EM is pursuing, but that amount of money (roughly $185 million) would be sweet.
thanks for the info.

Top Bottom