• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Albququerque

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Marshmallow one... the Blue is just too blue or something. My wife's car is a pretty blue and my truck is Ruby Red Metalic (it's a diesel which I failed to mention in another post about noise). So, we'll have Red White and Blue at the house (and black for my bike, of course)

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Marshmallow one... the Blue is just too blue or something. My wife's car is a pretty blue and my truck is Ruby Red Metalic (it's a diesel which I failed to mention in another post about noise). So, we'll have Red White and Blue at the house (and black for my bike, of course)
Hey Ty,
What kind of bike do you have? I have an old 1973 Yamaha RD350 Café racer - Yellow and black of course :)

upload_2014-3-14_11-4-45.jpeg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honda VTX 1800C. Man, I haven't seen the yellow tank/black and white stripe on a bike since my YZ80 way back in the day! I like it. Simple and built for one purpose. How's that do on the roads around here?

Attachments

• Riding in the Spring.jpg
    Riding in the Spring.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 348

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
1800cc now that's what you should put into your Elio. Ha ha. The Yamaha isn't totally road worthy yet but getting there. I have done some "test and tune" on it around the neighborhood and man this things pulls hard. At 4500rpm the front wheel just comes up from the power band and it pulls all the way up to 11,000rpm's. Its pretty much the scariest bike I have ever ridden and it is only 350cc's - 2 stroke speaking.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2 stroke bikes always had that awesome torque curve. Though, I used to have a CBR1100XX that would lift the front tire if I was cruising in third and got on it hard. I loved that bike. Good luck on getting your Yammer Hammer on the road!

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ty. I have a little wiring to finish. Mount the seat and rework the front brake caliper but I am pretty close. I don't have a garage so it is weather dependent when I can work on it. That CBR 1100 is a serious bike that us one I wouldn't mind owning. I do have another RD350 in parts and a 1975 RD125 the 350's little brother. Love these vintage 2 strokes

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quarkduke, Happy Birthday from another New Mexico future Elio owner. Looking forward to driving our Elio's around the Land of Enchantment. Looks like we will have to wait until after our next birthdays to be able to do that. I'm certain it will be worth the wait.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1800cc now that's what you should put into your Elio. Ha ha. The Yamaha isn't totally road worthy yet but getting there. I have done some "test and tune" on it around the neighborhood and man this things pulls hard. At 4500rpm the front wheel just comes up from the power band and it pulls all the way up to 11,000rpm's. Its pretty much the scariest bike I have ever ridden and it is only 350cc's - 2 stroke speaking.

I wouldn't mind having the Valkyrie 6 cylinder motor in the Elio..we've got guys with over 400,000 miles on them without ever touching the motor.

Top Bottom