• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Birmingham, Al

Eric H

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I heard about Elio Motors from Facebook and thought the vehicle looked interesting. I read comments that talked about scams and transvestites and other nonsense from startup companies. The more I read actual news, the more I liked what I saw.

I put my nonrefundable $1000 in when I saw Louisiana put up $150M to get the company to come to the state. I also liked seeing that they will make use of a former car plant with equipment already in it. Alabama had Honda, Mercedes, and Hyundai plants that came for state incentives. These are big job providers. I am excited to see what the future could hold for Elio as time goes by.

My current vehicles are:

2003 Cadillac Seville SLS. This is my only car and it gets on average 20 mpg. I love it but it adds up commuting 40 miles a day.

2008 Suzuki B-King GSX1300BKA. It's a motorcycle with 167 rwhp and averages about 27 mpg.

2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50. It's a bobber that get in the 40 mpg range.

I like the cockpit styling of the Elio's car. I like that it can be drivin in the rain. I like that it has heating and air and even some trunk space. I like that it is inexpensive and gets great gas mileage. It's exactly what I need to drive by myself to and from work everyday. It will pay for itself and then put money back in my pocket. It's like getting a raise. I do wonder if, since it's classified as a motorcycle, it will be as cheap to insure as a 55 hp motorcycle. $300 a year for full coverage would be very nice.

Anyway, I hope to see this vehicle in the driveway soon.

Reaction score
I heard about Elio Motors from Facebook and thought the vehicle looked interesting. I read comments that talked about scams and transvestites and other nonsense from startup companies. The more I read actual news, the more I liked what I saw.

I put my nonrefundable $1000 in when I saw Louisiana put up $150M to get the company to come to the state. I also liked seeing that they will make use of a former car plant with equipment already in it. Alabama had Honda, Mercedes, and Hyundai plants that came for state incentives. These are big job providers. I am excited to see what the future could hold for Elio as time goes by.

My current vehicles are:

2003 Cadillac Seville SLS. This is my only car and it gets on average 20 mpg. I love it but it adds up commuting 40 miles a day.

2008 Suzuki B-King GSX1300BKA. It's a motorcycle with 167 rwhp and averages about 27 mpg.

2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50. It's a bobber that get in the 40 mpg range.

I like the cockpit styling of the Elio's car. I like that it can be drivin in the rain. I like that it has heating and air and even some trunk space. I like that it is inexpensive and gets great gas mileage. It's exactly what I need to drive by myself to and from work everyday. It will pay for itself and then put money back in my pocket. It's like getting a raise. I do wonder if, since it's classified as a motorcycle, it will be as cheap to insure as a 55 hp motorcycle. $300 a year for full coverage would be very nice.

Anyway, I hope to see this vehicle in the driveway soon.
Goo Morning Eric, Congrats on joining in. That's my guess that MC insurance will be cheaper than car. In fact, I am counting on it. No use to call the insurance man yet, they don't know anything till 'corporate' sends them a memo.

Top Bottom