• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Michigan

bandito2

Reaction score
This is so cool. I wanted to build a 3 wheeler using a scooter, but this is much better. I had a 90's GEO/Chevy METRO that had this same basic engine and it was a piece of cake to work on. I see this one has been re-engineered a bit for better fuel economy. Even the basic GEO engine would have done well since there is only about half the frontal area for reduced drag and far less weight than the METRO car. Narrower tires would help too. I'm not exactly crazy about the watch inspired gauges though. The view windows are too small as well as the digits IMO.

Anyway, I've not put $$ down yet, but will when production is underway and vehicles are being delivered. I might find myself pressed into a decision if and when there is an end to the reservation period though.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
bandito,
Have you sat in either of the prototype models? I have. It's my opinion the view windows are better than most smaller vehicles I've driven. The gages and digits are a personal preference. Some will like them and some won't. If you decide to join the movement we will be having a meet and greet at Cedar Point a year from this summer. Join us.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Elio family bandito! As Buckeyejacke has said wait until you sit in it as I think you will be even more impressed by what they have done. I can't say i am crazy about the gauges either however those are just minor details and everyone has a different opinion on them.

Enjoy your time here with us and don't be afraid to reach out to a staff member if you need anything.

bandito2

Reaction score
bandito,
Have you sat in either of the prototype models? I have. It's my opinion the view windows are better than most smaller vehicles I've driven. The gages and digits are a personal preference. Some will like them and some won't. If you decide to join the movement we will be having a meet and greet at Cedar Point a year from this summer. Join us.
Actually I was talking about the view window on the latest iteration of instrument gauges. I'll have to check to see where and when I may get a chance to sit in a prototype. I'd really like that.

Top Bottom