• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Sunny Northern California

Ron Wessels

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am really excited about the Elio. My Honda ST1100 is closing in on 100,000 miles and I am hoping/planning to replace it with the Elio.

Can anyone tell me if the non-refundable deposit is risk capital or does it simply mean that if I do not buy a Elio I lose my deposit. Conversely, if Elio never gets to market do I lose my deposit?

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am really excited about the Elio. My Honda ST1100 is closing in on 100,000 miles and I am hoping/planning to replace it with the Elio.

Can anyone tell me if the non-refundable deposit is risk capital or does it simply mean that if I do not buy a Elio I lose my deposit. Conversely, if Elio never gets to market do I lose my deposit?

Welcome to the site Ron! I'm not 100% sure but I believe an "all-in" deposit is gone if they don't come to market, but I could be mistaken.

Ron Wessels

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the 411. Is there any way I can find out for sure? I would like to do an all-in $1K deposit, but is there anything I can read in the way of a business prospectus if this is risk capital?

bird

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome
I'm thinking non-refundable is a gamble. If nothing happens at all we all lose. I'm replacing my Honda also, not because of miles. Just want something to cruse in, all year, in all kinds of weather. My leathers are OK but in Illinois, cold is cold.

Ron Wessels

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Not much of a cold issue in Nor-Cal, but the mileage, car pool lane and price is very compelling. I put in my $100 all-in deposit, but I plan to increase the amount when I hear more about how Elio is progressing. I really do want want now. :]

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It was to me: a) I got the free t-shirt and bumper sticker (a $9 value), b) It is worth the risk to help push it to be built. I wore my t-shirt to work yesterday and many asked me about it. When I explained and said 84 mpg for $6800 most of them said they would seriously consider one.

Ron Wessels

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm interested and willing to upgrade to the $1K all-in deposit, but I will probably wait a few more months and see how things progress.

Top Bottom