• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Western Canada

Jim H

Elio Addict
Hey Genebee, I placed my $1000 all-in order on January 12, 2014. I knew it was risky when I did it in terms of Canadian certification but I'm hopeful there will be a way to get it into Canada.

#2305. (Niagara Falls, Ontario)
Peter, congratulations on being "all-in" and welcome to the forum where you will find the latest information about the development and production of the Elio. It is informative and highly entertaining. We look forward to your questions, comments, and opinions. You will find most of the members friendly and helpful. Enjoy the experience and the journey.

zelio

Elio Addict
Hey Genebee, I placed my $1000 all-in order on January 12, 2014. I knew it was risky when I did it in terms of Canadian certification but I'm hopeful there will be a way to get it into Canada.

#2305. (Niagara Falls, Ontario)
Hi and welcome from Oregon, USA, Peter Beens. It is a pleasure to have you with us. Since you are an early reservation holder is it possible for you to pick up your Elio in Shreveport, LA and drive it home? You can be checking now about the licensing/registration issues with information provided here and on the EM website that will help explain the vehicle to officials you need to contact. I don't know what that entails but asking is the best way to find out and having suitable information should help. I'm glad you have joined us and hope to see and hear that you are driving your Elio in Canada next year. :-) Z

Peter Beens

Elio Fan
Since you are an early reservation holder is it possible for you to pick up your Elio in Shreveport, LA and drive it home? You can be checking now about the licensing/registration issues with information provided here and on the EM website that will help explain the vehicle to officials you need to contact.

I'm considering a factory pickup, but the timing would have to be right. Ideally I'd like to combine the pickup with a long road trip, to take pictures with the Elio at various locations around the states.

I'll definitely be considering my options and gathering facts about the Canadian certification. It's a ways off, so no panic yet... :)