• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Helmets And Other Safety Devices

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a take off from a different thread that I didn't want to hijack.

I ride motorcycles, live in a state that doesn't require me to wear one, support peoples right to decide if they want to wear one, and I always wear one.

The thing is, it is extremely common for non-motorcyclists to ask me if I wear a helmet when they learn I ride yet they themselves think nothing of driving down the road in their cars without using that vehicles safety devices.

When I point out that most fatal auto accidents are from head trauma and that seat belts have been proven to be the simplest and most effective safety device in a car they retreat from their helmet attack as my next statement is to ask why they don't wear a helmet in their car or buckle into a full racing harness.

I'm very happy elio has safety as one of its tenants and definetly strap in but I will not be wearing a helmet :-)

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want this helmet made of ham....
FG.jpg
FW.jpg

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A motorcycle helmet (M) is designed to protect your brain from a fall from six feet. An automotive (SA) helmet is designed to protect your brain from contact with something hard inside the drivers compartment. Two different buckets for almost the same job. Most race harnesses don't have DOT approval... Didn't your momma teach you not to play with your food. ;>)

Last edited:
Top Bottom