• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Help From Trump??

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the way I see it with Trump. He's not going to put up with someone that can't meet milestones. As we all know, Paul is the poster child for that. With that being said, Trump will look at it as a business and not through emotion. I believe Elio will get the loan but the provisions are going to change. Trump is going to want a timeline to state exactly what is going to happen and when. Items like:

- When all 1500 people will be on the payroll and working.
- The day Elio #1 comes off the line.
- Then day Elio #65K rolls off the line.
- When Elio is at full capacity.

The money would come in phases as to when various milestones are met. To make sure that Paul is not blowing smoke up Donalds keister, there will be a special person that will literally be shadowing Paul and coming back with their own progress reports every week. If Paul can't do what he says he's going to do, he has to resign, someone else comes in to replace him and get the project done. There's nothing wrong with doing this because that's how the real world works. The last thing the DoE needs to do is loan out all of this money and find out that once it's all burned through, Elio is back sitting and doing nothing because they need more money to get the job completed. This is a loan, not just free money to do whatever you want with it and no hops in paying it back. Trump doesn't seem to be the person to put up with that.
LOL... The day the President of the United States gets involved in individual business' internal decisions is the day democracy truly dies.

Actually, the Fisker loan was closely monitored and the government drew down the loan before Fisker got half of it. They didn't tell regular stock owners that the company was in default however.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, you guys should check this out! Skip down to the graphical history. I've gone through their battle plan and it seems Elio is being a LOT more fiscally responsible and the GM plant will give Elio a big head start. Further, Elio has finished most of their engineering and development without nearly the costs that Fisker went through. Fisker also went through several very expensive recalls. The worst thing was when Consumer Reports tests one and it had to be towed after breaking down in under 200 miles!

http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/17/t...t-tragic-vc-backed-debacle-in-recent-history/

Wow... their battery supplier went under and then they had $33M in cars go under when a Hurricane flooded them! They ended up suing their insurance company when they wouldn't cover the cars. Fisker just had ZERO things go their way! They also wasted a LOT of resources developing THREE different vehicles. I hope Elio stays with developing just the one. And I hope they test it enough to prevent massive recalls.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm afraid that Elio could do what Fisker did. Get under so much pressure that it was forced to production before the car was done. As for Elio, I doubt that they are even close to getting all of the engineering done. Even their latest black car looks like it has many components that were hand made and not even close to anything you'd make for the numbers they are looking at. Just under the hood it has a tig welded R&D header with O2 and EGT ports, tig welded aluminum intake, a washer bottle that looks like from some 30 year old car, a tiny little breather on the valve cover vented to atmosphere, a store bought after market air filter, a receiver dryer from 1970 that's 3X the size it needs to be, a tig welded expansion tank, etc. I know this is a supposed to be the latest iteration but they are missing lots of production ready equipment that should already be done. We haven't even taken a look under the dash or put the car up on a hoist.

I've seen my fair share of prototypes and engineering products. Even a company making a new riding lawn mower would never show it to the general public unless it looked like it was ready to go into production. That's why I'm a bit amazed that at this point Elio would show what they are because to 3D print out many parts takes a few days and they can make it look like it's ready to go. As of now, it still looks hand built with off the shelf components or super expensive hand made parts that would never be put on a high production car. The intake and exhaust manifolds probably cost 15% of what the MSRP of an Elio is supposed to be.

I know Elio has released lots of press releases on their progress and partnerships but they need to have more of those accomplishments installed on the car for everyone to see. Details are important.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
May be you should send your post to Elio and not post it on the forum.
Agreed, some of his assumptions are pretty far reaching; this one especially:" If Paul can't do what he says he's going to do, he has to resign, someone else comes in to replace him and get the project done." Umm made to resign from a company he owns? I don't think so.
And this: "There's nothing wrong with doing this because that's how the real world works. The last thing the DoE needs to do is loan out all of this money and find out that once it's all burned through," You do know that the money does not go to Elio Motors right? It is divided out to the suppliers.

But with all these claims, and business plans, need to be sent to EM and they are getting wasted here.
Elio Owners is NOT affiliated with Elio Motors.

In short Mr. RSchneider can you please tone it down some?

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Has there been any progress toward other financing from the financial bankers EM secured? I have not seen or heard anything since the announcement when there were contracted with. I really thought the private funding would be a likely source of funding, especially with the market rally and capital flowing somewhat back into companies and their stock.

Top Bottom