• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Help! I'm In A Time Warp.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of the production line; have there been any numbers on how many units they will produce a day? (Hmm perhaps I should start a new thread for this question...)
Someone just posted an estimated production schedule. 150 a day for first 4000 alpha, 250 a day for next 4000 beta, Shut down for 7-10 days to readjust equipment that need it and then start back up with intention of reaching 500 per day. At leat that's what I remember!

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you gotten your e-mail yet on your production date? How are your plans going for your trip to Shreveport? Flying or driving? Where are you staying? Who else from here ( the forum ) will be there at the same time? Let's get together for dinner on Friday? Or.............My Elio is so hot, I burned my butt when I got in!:rolleyes:;)
:)I can hardly wait for my spot in line number, and I been told mid January before I get my number in E-mail.;)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Speaking of the production line; have there been any numbers on how many units they will produce a day? (Hmm perhaps I should start a new thread for this question...)

the following quote was posted today in another thread
:

All of this will likely happen quite fast with the alpha and beta stages not indicative of engineering changes but instead denote how much pre and post build inspection will occur on these vehicles as they move down the line and after they are completed. Minor tweaks to how things are assembled will be occurring during this period to improve line efficiency, resolve any build issues discovered, as well as develop the standardized post-build checklists which will be used after this period.

From what Jerome told us in Charlotte the plan is to average about 150 per day/shift in the first month which is would mean about 3000 vehicles produced in the first month then they expect about 250 average per day/shift in the second month which is about 5000 vehicles. This puts 8,000 vehicles being produced after only about 8-9 weeks of production. After this period the line increases to reach 350 per day/shift, about 7000 vehicles per month, where it will supposedly stay through the reservation build period. The full production goal is 500 per day/shift which is about 10K per month at full volume per shift and the plant can double this with two shifts thereby reaching 250K per year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom