• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Here's An Idea

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty handy around cars, bikes, farm equipment and small engines. I'm sure, based on reading many of the posts from other enthusiasts here, that we can set up an informal network of Elio "repair shops" for other owners that do not have the know-how or desire to work on them. For those that do not live near a PB or Elio dealer it would be some comfort to know that they can take their car/bike to someone that knows what they're doing.

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same here. I have been a member of the "BMW Anonymous book" for years and it is nice to know there are great people around the world with similar interest willing to help. I have posted this concept on this forum (not sure where??) but since there are no vehicles per say the interest was minimal at best. I am sure once the Elio Revolution begins there will be Many regional clubs, gatherings, forum networks, and honest people willing to help those in need of help or guidance. Fingers crossed.........
Sure enough. Imagine a guy finds you via club sites or elsewhere. He describes the problem and if it's simple enough you can tell him what parts to order. When he gets to you he knows he hasn't been ripped off on overpriced parts. For an oil and filter change he can get the parts for dirt cheap. I'm still amazed that quickielubes can line up people willing to pay 35 bucks for an oil change.
Instead of sitting beside the highway waiting on Triple A for an hour or two he can look up an Elio 'shop' nearby. As small and light as the Elio is I can load it on my trailer and bring it in for a minimal fee, if any. Heck, I could put them up for the night.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GREAT IDEA, BUT I DO NOT THINK THIS VEHICLE WILL GET MUCH USE ON LONG DISTANCE TRIPS. I ONCE DROVE MY SCORPION 280 MILES EACH WAY TO DAYTONA BIKE WEEK. IT WAS MISERABLE ! GIVE ME MY FORD F350 DIESEL DUALLY ANYDAY FOR LONG DISTANCE, NO MATTER WHAT THE COST OF FUEL ! BIG AIR-SUSPENSION CAPTAINS CHAIRS ….OHHH YA !! THE SAME THING THAT MAKES IT EFFICIENT WILL ALSO MAKE IT MISERABLE LONG DISTANCE !
78186343.I5azhMxt.jpg

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of us don't have a lot of faith in Pep Boys.

I understand EM using them because there are no dealers for service.

I will use them only because the warranty requires it. After the warranty runs out, I will do everything myself.

Would someone be interested in setting up a survey of our confidence in Pep Boys? Perhaps this has already been done.

Top Bottom