• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hi All From #11002

Everyone still optomistic and anticipating a 2017 launch of production?

• Yes

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

SR.pitcher

Reaction score
Been watching these for about 3 years now. Liked the 6800 base price and the day I went to sign on this year it was raised to 7300. No deal for me there. That and the delay to 2017 sometme for production. While I understand the reasond for it, its bad to be counting on something and hade the rug pulled out from underneath ya.
I too a lease that came up in Aug this year, I could have managed for about 3-4 months w\o another car but the delay till '17 was a straw on my back. I got another Hyundai.
As for the snow issue try using a large sheet over the front windshield towards the back. Just remove it with snow or ice on it. Works for me.
Can't find a decent road test review on a production model. The P5 is the closest but video looked rough driving it.
Actually interested in helping to demo these in my area,.We have 3 Pep-Boy here.
Would deposit full price up front if I could get first production car produced & guaranteed delivery.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Been watching these for about 3 years now. Liked the 6800 base price and the day I went to sign on this year it was raised to 7300. No deal for me there. That and the delay to 2017 sometme for production. While I understand the reasond for it, its bad to be counting on something and hade the rug pulled out from underneath ya.
I too a lease that came up in Aug this year, I could have managed for about 3-4 months w\o another car but the delay till '17 was a straw on my back. I got another Hyundai.
As for the snow issue try using a large sheet over the front windshield towards the back. Just remove it with snow or ice on it. Works for me.
Can't find a decent road test review on a production model. The P5 is the closest but video looked rough driving it.
Actually interested in helping to demo these in my area,.We have 3 Pep-Boy here.
Would deposit full price up front if I could get first production car produced & guaranteed delivery.
Please explain what you mean by this: Would deposit full price up front if I could get first production car produced & guaranteed delivery
Are you asking for an Elio out of the entire first run; or you want the first off the production line?

As for demoing for your area, that is something you have to talk to Elio Motors about.
Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated with Elio Motors.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SR Pitcher, welcome from New Mexico. The Elio challenge requires a lot of patience. Many of us have had to purchase new cars since we made our /elio reservations. That doesn't change my desire to have one but the continual delays are frustrating. I keep running ahead of the grim reaper and hope to get my Elio before he catches me.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SR Pitcher, welcome from New Mexico. The Elio challenge requires a lot of patience. Many of us have had to purchase new cars since we made our /elio reservations. That doesn't change my desire to have one but the continual delays are frustrating. I keep running ahead of the grim reaper and hope to get my Elio before he catches me.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Elio has always been advertised as the =And= vehicle, not a primary, even though some will have it as a one and only; or the primary over the others. So those depending on delivery as a primary vehicle should reconsider their decision.

Top Bottom