• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hi From Small Town Illinois (not Chicago)

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just placed my all-in order today for $100. Would have done the $1,000 but putting up a fence at home costs a few dollars that I no longer have. :( However I am excited for this car to be released sooner rather than later as it will help my 25 mile each way commute and let the miles stop racking up on my truck that gets a whopping 15mpg. The main question I still have is if anyone has an idea on auto trans cost and cruise control cost.

Greycat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the east coast. The great gas milage and the low purchase price make Elio the ideal commuter vehicle for sure. There are no official prices for any options yet but their rep at the prototype showing said EM is going to keep the AMT under 1k and cruise control between 2 to 3 hundred.

Last edited:

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
IF I could get both at right around a grand I would be complaining. Was thinking bout keeping a manual tranny as I love my motorcycle for that reason but just don't want to put undue wear and tear on it while also being in a new environment with how the elio is set up and will drive.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, and I agree with Greycat on the numbers. The automatic is AMT (automated manual tranny) where you still have manual paddle shifting in addition to automatic. The benefit over manual is that all shifts coordinate the clutch better than humanly possible while still having the benefits of a regular manual.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, and congratulations on becoming a member of the Elio family. The savings you will get from you Elio will make future projects like your fence easier on your wallet. Enjoy the forum and all the friendly and helpful people. Check out the threads to answer any question you may have or ask and someone will try to answer it for you. Welcome to this historic and exciting journey to Elio ownership

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Elio Owners forum from Atlanta, GA! :)

So glad you were willing to put down your hard earned money to help make this happen. It sounds like you are squarely in the high mileage commuter demographic that Elio Motors is looking for. The latest info we have on the auto trans is that they are trying to keep the cost under $1000 so lets hope they can push it down a good bit from there. The best estimate I have seen for cruise control is no more than a few hundred dollars so that should be not be too bad for your wallet.

We are very glad to have you here. You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

If you have not done so already we have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just placed my all-in order today for $100. Would have done the $1,000 but putting up a fence at home costs a few dollars that I no longer have. :( However I am excited for this car to be released sooner rather than later as it will help my 25 mile each way commute and let the miles stop racking up on my truck that gets a whopping 15mpg. The main question I still have is if anyone has an idea on auto trans cost and cruise control cost.
Hi and welcome from Oregon mdfb42. I hope this forum gives you as much pleasure as it has given to me while we wait for the production and ownership of our Elios. :-) Z

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hahaha mdf!

You have to tell people you aren't from Chicago. If you tell people you are from Illinois, everyone says "Chicago!?"

618 is Southern Illinois. Closer to Paducah/St. Louis. I grew up there. Also if you tell outside people you live in southern Illinois, they tend to ask Rockford or Peoria...haha

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hahaha mdf!

You have to tell people you aren't from Chicago. If you tell people you are from Illinois, everyone says "Chicago!?"

618 is Southern Illinois. Closer to Paducah/St. Louis. I grew up there. Also if you tell outside people you live in southern Illinois, they tend to ask Rockford or Peoria...haha
I get the same sort of thing "Oh, you are in the Air Force? What do you fly?" Ah... a chair.

Top Bottom