• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hi From Small Town Illinois (not Chicago)

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
hahaha mdf!

You have to tell people you aren't from Chicago. If you tell people you are from Illinois, everyone says "Chicago!?"

618 is Southern Illinois. Closer to Paducah/St. Louis. I grew up there. Also if you tell outside people you live in southern Illinois, they tend to ask Rockford or Peoria...haha
Yeah I'm in the Edwardsville area now. Just being a lifetime resident of the Big red state with the big blue city, I make sure to separate myself from the big blue city folks. Sounds like this forum is gonna be a blast and everyone can't wait for production to start. Just an FYI to anyone traveling through southern Illinois and St.Louis. If you see a green can soda called Ski, try it! I grew up two blocks from the glass bottle factory where they still refill glass bottles and it is awesome!

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A hearty welcome from Washington state....My sis lives in West Dundee, I may have ridden through your part of the state last July when I went to see her. I can't remember all the towns I went through, but do remember is was the only time I got rained on, on a 1 month long 4000 mile ride, lol.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A hearty welcome from Washington state....My sis lives in West Dundee, I may have ridden through your part of the state last July when I went to see her. I can't remember all the towns I went through, but do remember is was the only time I got rained on, on a 1 month long 4000 mile ride, lol.
HAHA! Sounds like you were by Carlyle Lake(US Highway 50 and/or 127), always seems to be raining there

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in the Edwardsville area now. Just being a lifetime resident of the Big red state with the big blue city, I make sure to separate myself from the big blue city folks. Sounds like this forum is gonna be a blast and everyone can't wait for production to start. Just an FYI to anyone traveling through southern Illinois and St.Louis. If you see a green can soda called Ski, try it! I grew up two blocks from the glass bottle factory where they still refill glass bottles and it is awesome!

Yea 50 parts sugar with 1 part water.....No thanks. There are restaurants (dairy queen) up where that is made and they have different flavors of it. I had to eat my salty french fries to wash that soda down. I understand why people like it though. Definitely worth a try. I don't drink soda anymore so it means nothing to me. I lost 15lbs in a few months by doing nothing other than cutting soda....and I was skinny at that time...

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yea 50 parts sugar with 1 part water.....No thanks. There are restaurants (dairy queen) up where that is made and they have different flavors of it. I had to eat my salty french fries to wash that soda down. I understand why people like it though. Definitely worth a try. I don't drink soda anymore so it means nothing to me. I lost 15lbs in a few months by doing nothing other than cutting soda....and I was skinny at that time...
It is actually called Dairy KING (my cousin owns it) and now has two locations in Breese and Trenton, IL. I understand the flavor being too much for some. The cherry is good and so is the strawberry but I normally add some vanilla to smooth the flavor out. And ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for light ice. Still have great food though

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is actually called Dairy KING (my cousin owns it) and now has two locations in Breese and Trenton, IL. I understand the flavor being too much for some. The cherry is good and so is the strawberry but I normally add some vanilla to smooth the flavor out. And ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for light ice. Still have great food though

My bad I meant Dairy King. I've only been to the one in breese once. Its not the flavor that is too much from there....its the amount of sugar. I understand how and why people like it, just not my thing. I remember buying a larger or whatever and maybe drinking a quarter of it. Oh well the people from that area drink the hell out of it....has quite the small following.

Top Bottom