• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Highway Driving At Night And Vehicles Approaching From Behind

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding Aliexpress/Alibaba
If you see anything cool on those sites, you can probably buy it from eBay for about the same price. eBay isn't hugely better, but at least you have some internet protections and you know your credit card data isn't gonna get stolen.

As long as you use adblockers, anti-malware/anti-virus software, and browse incognito (privacy-mode), then Alibaba is safe for browsing. But don't buy from there! Some people do just fine, but there are some horror stories for sure!

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I definitely have a few light options that I want to modify and addon after I get my Elio. Here are a couple of pictures, and a few links to some big Spyder light provider, which many could be modified to fit on the Elio:

http://www.customlightingefx.com/Can-Am-Spyder.html
https://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_accessories.htm

IMG_4154%20(2).jpg IMG_5453_small.jpg day_runner_surround_a_small.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Where are you driving that the semi's don't have headlights? There are multiple where we have talked about wheel lights / lighting on the front fenders.
There are a lot of options; however ........ check with your local laws about how bright they can be, and placement. It's far better to find out if it's legal first than getting pulled over and told. There are situations where they will make you disable them (aka remove them); same goes for window tint; I've see a cop have someone pulled over as they are scraping their windows clean from the inside (leaves a hell of a mess)
The same goes for under body lights; there are laws that say where and when they can be and be on.
Just because a place sells them to you doesn't make them legal.

As for the high mounted light: yes, if it's a 3rd brake light, and not on all the time, they turn on when you apply the brakes.
The one Trusting has in he post looks just like the Astro van 3rd brake light, which can be found in a number of places.
Astro Van 3rd brake light on eBay

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
P.S. Your link... Aliexpress is bad news. I strongly suggest that no one click on the link because of possible malware, and besides, their rep is really bad.... a word to the wise.
Thanks for the heads up! I use Norton Security. Here is their report on Aliexpress:
https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=www.Aliexpress.com
The user community gave it a rating of 2.5 out of 4, a bad omen I read the reviews and one positive review sounded possibly fake. Others mentioned spam and popups. As for the link, I only used them for the picture of the product. We should follow Paul Elio's sourcing policy: buy North American! For me, North America means just the United States and Canada.

Last edited:

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the offerings today or high end LED's at some good prices no reason not to be seen at night. I have them on my bikes and I tone them down a bit. Had a man pull in behind me at a gas station one time he ask about my lights , he said he could see me miles behind as he approached. Only what you can dream of and you check book limit you anymore.

100_2106 by bob smith, on Flickr

Top Bottom