• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hit A Deer

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Worse thing is the SOB ran off with the hood ornament!
Thats a lot of damage for a deer to do. Might have been better off with the civic. My dad hit a deer in a miata. You would think THAT car was a bad one to hit a deer in, but it's so small that it clipped the deer at the legs, bounced it off the hood, and threw it abour 16 feet in the air and it landed dead in the road. The Miata suffered minor bumper damage and a small dent to the hood. Bigger isn't alwayse better when it comes to deer plows I guess.

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thats a lot of damage for a deer to do. Might have been better off with the civic. My dad hit a deer in a miata. You would think THAT car was a bad one to hit a deer in, but it's so small that it clipped the deer at the legs, bounced it off the hood, and threw it abour 16 feet in the air and it landed dead in the road. The Miata suffered minor bumper damage and a small dent to the hood. Bigger isn't alwayse better when it comes to deer plows I guess.

Deer Plow. This what we need. Oughta be a law.

[Broken External Image]

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone gave me some good advice to ward off deer. I think it was someone on this site. He claimed it was an old Arapahoe remedy. He told me to hang 35 pounds of good beef jerky over the hood of my car while in deer country.

Last edited:

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anybody know if those deer whistle thingies really work?
Had to get another car and couldn't wait on the elio to get built, so we bought a 2014 Ford Fiesta w/6 speed automatic. Took it driving all day yesterday. Was impressed. Lot of fun, looks nice and got good MPG. With the two of us going on flat highways at 70 mph, hilly curvy country, and tooling around in some small towns, we got 39 mpg. First new car since I bought a brand new 1972 Pinto station wagon, brown w/wood grain exterior trim. Joined the Navy 3 months later and left car with 1st wife. Car ended up being sold.
After we got this Fiesta, present wife asked if I stilled planned to buy an Elio. When I said yes, she said good!
Think I'll keep her.:)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anybody know if those deer whistle thingies really work?
Had to get another car and couldn't wait on the elio to get built, so we bought a 2014 Ford Fiesta w/6 speed automatic. Took it driving all day yesterday. Was impressed. Lot of fun, looks nice and got good MPG. With the two of us going on flat highways at 70 mph, hilly curvy country, and tooling around in some small towns, we got 39 mpg. First new car since I bought a brand new 1972 Pinto station wagon, brown w/wood grain exterior trim. Joined the Navy 3 months later and left car with 1st wife. Car ended up being sold.
After we got this Fiesta, present wife asked if I stilled planned to buy an Elio. When I said yes, she said good!
Think I'll keep her.:)
I'm confused; Which one are you going to keep the Wife or the Fiesta? If it's the Wife then you're probably confused not me. You see, it's more a matter or her keeping you. LOL I pity your wife. LOL

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a friend in the insurance business, years ago. I asked him that question. His answer: ''I see just as many claims from people that had the whistles on their cars, as those who don't."
As a lifetime Insurance Agent I had more claims with with people stabbing the eyes or about the face with the whistle trying to get the whistle to their mouth before the deer hit the car.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind about car deer crashes - more people die trying to avoid them than actually hitting them. Brake, but don't swerve.

4 legged, corn eatin, beady eyed rats with horns is all they are.
I took your advise but to no avail. Saw a deer approaching from my left through a field. Started braking. Stopped my car entirely. Deer ran into the side of my stopped car and tore off the side mirror. Stupid, stupid animals.

Top Bottom