• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hopeful Future Elio Owner

123tony321

Elio Fan
Reaction score
This is the kind of vehicle that I want to drive. I used to ride motorcycles but gave that up while i still ll had all my limbs: the traffic and weather here in South Florida is not really conducive to safe motorbike riding. My own actions didn't really help either, suffice to say I'm lucky to survive intact and in one piece.

I see more people riding scooters, and that seems really dangerous on these roads too, they just don't go fast enough to be able to get out of the way or take evasive action. But what can people on a limited budget do and be safe? Hopefully Elio can be part of the answer.

And living in an apartment a totally electric vehicle is an impossibility. And hybrids? Just too complicated and expensive. So I am keeping my fingers crossed for the Elio.

I drive an Element which gets fair mileage and is now over 10 years old, so when I read about the Elio now I can't wait to get it drive it. It is amazing how some people I talk to say that you can't drive something like that, something that only has three wheels and the passenger has to ride in the back. But 95% of the time I am the only one in the vehicle as are most people I see driving to and from work in their Expeditions and Tahoes. For me - a passenger - my wife in this case - can ride in the back - just as on a bike.

As a thought - I remember many years ago growing up in England people pulling up to our auto parts store in their bubble cars - I particular remember with affection a couple in a Messerschmidt and a friend with an old Morgan 3 wheeler. So kind of open minded to alternative methods of transportation.

Sorry to ramble on so much, Tony

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the kind of vehicle that I want to drive. I used to ride motorcycles but gave that up while i still ll had all my limbs: the traffic and weather here in South Florida is not really conducive to safe motorbike riding. My own actions didn't really help either, suffice to say I'm lucky to survive intact and in one piece.

I see more people riding scooters, and that seems really dangerous on these roads too, they just don't go fast enough to be able to get out of the way or take evasive action. But what can people on a limited budget do and be safe? Hopefully Elio can be part of the answer.

And living in an apartment a totally electric vehicle is an impossibility. And hybrids? Just too complicated and expensive. So I am keeping my fingers crossed for the Elio.

I drive an Element which gets fair mileage and is now over 10 years old, so when I read about the Elio now I can't wait to get it drive it. It is amazing how some people I talk to say that you can't drive something like that, something that only has three wheels and the passenger has to ride in the back. But 95% of the time I am the only one in the vehicle as are most people I see driving to and from work in their Expeditions and Tahoes. For me - a passenger - my wife in this case - can ride in the back - just as on a bike.

As a thought - I remember many years ago growing up in England people pulling up to our auto parts store in their bubble cars - I particular remember with affection a couple in a Messerschmidt and a friend with an old Morgan 3 wheeler. So kind of open minded to alternative methods of transportation.

Hi and welcome from Oregon, Tony. I'm glad you joined us. I do believe rambling is allowed on this forum so share your experiences, ideas, creativity and dreams as you see fit. This is a great place with a diverse group of knowledgeable and creative people. Hop on board the Elio train and enjoy the ride. As PJ says, ETA Sept. 2015. Go Elio! :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Tony
Tony welcome to the forum and feel free to ramble. The members are friendly and helpful and we look forward to your comments and contributions to the forum. You will find it informative, entertaining and rewarding. Hope you enjoy the journey to Elio ownership.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from Washington state and seat #1437 on the Elio train...I'm enjoying the ride and also excited about the Elio, like you I find it easy to envision driving an Elio and absolutely love the premise.......brings to mind the original Subaru "Inexpensive and built to stay that way". I plan on a 5000 mile test drive in mine before I get it home and really put some miles on it.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Welcome

ramblin_zpsfaa2a7e6.jpg

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score

Welcome Tony :)

Top Bottom