• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hot Off The Press

James Sparks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elio_Traveler.jpg

What could we say about this?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I said in the other post, I would take this with a grain of salt. JMO
Just the weight of the trailer alone, probably equals the weight most members on here said they would be comfortable pulling.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IF it turns out you can tow with the Elio (with or without factory blessing) there's no way way 55hp will handle a trailer that big.
All depends on the gearing, A '71 VW Westfalia only has 66hp, has no real aerodynamics and weighs around 3600lbs but they get around just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep an eye on Linked-In. Currently it lists 11 people as working at Elio Motors, almost all in Marketing functions, but I was glad to see there is one Manufacturing VP now showing up. As they begin gearing up, more people should be showing up in assembly and manufacturing positions, and that will be a sign things are getting closer.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All depends on the gearing, A '71 VW Westfalia only has 66hp, has no real aerodynamics and weighs around 3600lbs but they get around just fine.
Ever go 100MPH in a Westfalia? Ever get 84MPG? Elio is not going to be constructed to the standards this was.

The price will be <$7K. Do you think this will allow the factory to install a transmission that is twice what it needs to be to be the low cost commuter car it is marketed as?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom