• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hotwheels/matchbox Elio

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool! That was easier than I thought! My highest compliments to AriLea and his beautifully sculpted creation.

Year One Elio Exploded.JPG

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wrote to Matchbox / Mattel and Elio motors more than a year ago suggesting they get together and offer us an Elio replica. EM said they would forward my suggestion to the appropriate person. But they have as far as I know not said anything publicly about any plan to do this. Cameron that owns Elio Wear and I have talked about this too. He says that to have a replica made requires a commitment to buy a minimum that numbers in the tens of thousands. If anyone at EM is planning to offer replicas, this is likely a big speed bump. No one is going to want to lay out that much $$$ unless they have it and can be pretty sure they will sell enough of them. Just because a few of us say we will buy several of them is not enough for anyone to risk that much money. I believ we will get our chance to buy a replica of the Elio. but I'd be surprised if it happens any time soon.
Elio should look up that company that made the smart ForTwo models in 1:25 scale. They are made in China and are nicely detailed with opening doors. VERY cool.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks really good, and almost real. :thumb:

There's only one part that gives it away; the right front wheel on the model is sticking out of the plastic.

And only 3+ ??
Make it a collector edition and say 18+

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect they have a few 4 wheel chassis for their models and they simply attach different bodies to them.
Since the Elio has only three wheels with one in the center and the other two sticking out from the body, they will have to do some redesigning to accommodate the Elio.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice. As a lifelong collector of Hotwheels I would like to see this. I even have some Johnny Lightnings in my collection, so it goes way back. The issue with these designs such as formula cars and bikes was originally that they would not track reliably on the hot wheels track, which was of overriding importance back in the day, (not to mention the 'booster' buildings that propelled them). Since the mid eighties more of this type started coming out for collectors, although they still will not perform on the tracks. Somewhere I have my 25th anniversary belt buckle and my chrome mustang you received from the Hot Wheels club, although it is a bit beat up I am afraid. I still have the sealed collectors packs that went on sale of the original releases put out sometime in the early 90's I think. Also have the original batmobile and batboat on the trailer as well. I saw an Army staff car for sale at a flea market in the '80's for $4000, passed it up because it was not in mint shape. Some of them are worth quite a bit. I jokingly (only half jokingly now) call the collection my retirement.

Top Bottom