• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Are You Planning To Handle Drive Throughs, Toll Booths, Atm's, Etc...?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are many considerations regarding the three wheel configuration and here's one I've been wondering about ...if the front wheels protrude considerably from the side of the vehicle, then would you be able to reach the window at the drive thru window at McDonald's, the bank, pharmacy, ect.? Any ideas on how far the left side window of the Elio would be from the drive thru window?

Hey Cap! Welcome to the 24/7 "group therapy" session that IS all about the Elio!
Yours is a good question.....that has been beat to death, lol. I will try to give "my opinion" of the conclusions drawn.
The center seating will move you approx. 1 to 1 1/2 feet away from the "window". But, In my observations ( In the past few months), is Many people are pulling up, with their wheels "OVER 1 foot" farther from the curb that they "could" be. With the front wheels of the Elio within view of the driver, it should be easier to get closer to the window. The big issue (as I see it) will be keeping the "server" from falling out of the window while trying to get a better look! :p
Others have said, since the mpg's will be SO GOOD, they won't care if they have to "walk in" to get their food!

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of my concerns had to do with drive through windows.
Since I will be low and more than an arms length away from the window do I avoid all together or do I plan to get out?
Ezpass will save me at the toll booths.

or do I just get one of these?
grab arm.jpg

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of my concerns had to do with drive through windows.
Since I will be low and more than an arms length away from the window do I avoid all together or do I plan to get out?
Ezpass will save me at the toll booths.

or do I just get one of these?View attachment 2082
JD, Here's a novel idea, do it like we did way back when. Park, get out and go in. Maybe socialize a little and advertise that funny little car you're driving. Drop some MPG numbers and the advertised price of the Elio while they fix your hamburger or cash your check. Give them an Elio flyer. Could be fun.

lkptpete

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If they make it so front seat can slide all the way forward and the front seat back can lay all the way flat to be level with rear seat bottom, Elio would ideal for a ahem.... Napping....

Top Bottom