• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Far Is Your Trip?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
i'll be picking mine up in Portland Oregon area at a elio store. wont need to have it go to a marshall center since im only going with the auto trans (I think). the last time I bought a new car I was advised not to go over 50 for the first x amount of miles. are you guys sure you want to drive that far at freeway speed during break in time?
The Portland dealer is in Hillsboro; I don't know if they will handle doing the Title for WA or not? I was planning on going to Hillsboro to pick out everything, and test drive, then pay the extra to have it delivered to my door from the Bellevue center. That way I don't have to deal with the inspection and title work.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
743 or so miles 11-12 hrs. I think I'll make a 2 day trip home out of it. Not sure how I'm getting there yet.
If you live near the University in Lincoln or one of the small colleges around the state, try going to the student union and checking out their "ride swap" board: "Am travelling to NOLA on Turkey-Day weekend, space for 2 others to share costs. Must be tobacco-tolerant."

Craigslist might also offer such a service. Maybe it's because I'm old-school, but I trust a live-real-time service over an unmoderated could-be-any-ax-murderer:

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
About 460 miles - 7hr 20 min.
I'll take a 16 ft trailer and deadhead on the way to Shreveport.
Load up and drive back the next day.
Hey! I never even thought of the idea of renting a U-Haul and hauling it that way! 'Course, I'd have to figure out the cost of both the rental for 2 days plus how much they'll charge for extra mileage over the 50 miles they usually spot you.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
realistically, the only way for us to pick ours up at the factory is to drive our Silverado towing a 2 wheel tow dolly on which to tow our Elio home .... per Google Maps, from our home to Shreveport is 1,016 miles and should take 15 +/- hours of driving time .... we could drive it in 2 days but would be much more comfortable taking 3 days .... round trip would take 4 - 6 days driving with 2 additional days in Shreveport, 36 to 48 meals, 5 - 7 nights in a motel, 150 +/- gallons of gasoline .... in short, as much as we would like to pick ours up at the factory, having it delivered will most likely be our best option

Top Bottom