• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Far Is Your Trip?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
That's okay--just as long as they don't think they will be saving the transportation fee.

I would not be so sure about that. Elio Motors just recently posted this answer to a question on their Facebook page which addresses both the factory tour and delivery charge questions.
Elio Motors
Hello Allen, we do not plan to have a store in Iowa, but that shouldn't stop you from placing a reservation at www.ElioMotors.com! We plan to offer a factory pickup to forgo a delivery charge. While not finalized, we'd like to give any reservation holder the opportunity to tour the factory and then pick their Elio up.
_K-Wt5bI&w=154&h=154&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eliomotors.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F01%2F01.png
Elio Motors: Ultra High Mileage Vehicle
www.eliomotors.com
Presenting newest technology in transportation! Elio ultra high mileage vehicle.
Like · 1 · July 11 at 10:08pm

https://www.facebook.com/ElioMotors...y_comment_id=763460103718864&total_comments=1

My understanding is that EM may waive the delivery fee for advance reservation holders who will pick up their vehicles before the retail sales network is in place. We will see how it all plays out over the next year as this is all very fluid and the plans are still coming together.

Last edited:

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would not be so sure about that. Elio Motors just recently posted this answer to a question on their Facebook page which addresses both the factory tour and delivery charge questions.

My understanding is that EM may waive the delivery fee for advance reservation holders who will pick up their vehicles before the retail sales network is in place. We will see how it all plays out over the next year as this is all very fluid and the plans are still coming together.
It is comical how different the information (from Elio) is, depending on who you speak to. I specifically asked about this on Saturday and Jerome said that the delivery fee would not be waived for those who choose a factory pick-up. Maybe reduced, but not waived. Now the question is who should we believe? Like you said it is still very fluid. I don't think anyone has a definite answer other than it is a three wheel auto-cycle that is made from 90% North American content, will be built in America, will get 84mpg and has a projected five star crash rating. Everything else is merely a dream on it's way to becoming a vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It is comical how different the information (from Elio) is, depending on who you speak to. I specifically asked about this on Saturday and Jerome said that the delivery fee would not be waived for those who choose a factory pick-up. Maybe reduced, but not waived. Now the question is who should we believe? Like you said it is still very fluid. I don't think anyone has a definite answer other than it is a three wheel auto-cycle that is made from 90% North American content, will be built in America, will get 84mpg and has a projected five star crash rating. Everything else is merely a dream on it's way to becoming a vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course you would get a different answer.:rolleyes::D
This is just the way it goes sometimes. Obviously this is still a work in progress and the reality is that EM does not have to make a final decision until about this time next year when they will begin having the lucky few with a September delivery date finalize their orders and give those lucky SOBs a final balance due amount.:eek::cool::)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NOT TRUE!!. Armadillo in the US have Never been tested positive for leprosy.

— but thorough cooking would take care of the problem if it occurred. Of some 2500 armadillos caught and tested in Florida, none had leprosy. Your chances of meeting an armadillo with leprosy are slim to none.
OK Taz, which is worse the misconception of a microbial infection or the fact that you may have killed and eaten 2500 well cooked armadillos. Like I said the first time, yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreatDanes

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If all goes as planned (insert chuckle here), my church brother and I will come to LA to pick up our vehicles together and, having already made AAA-type arrangements, will drive back to the glorious Pacific Northwest for our first drive.

Estimated cost: 2300 miles divided by ~80 mpg = 30 gallons x $4 per gallon plus one-way-air-ticket of $350 ... $500 plus accomodations

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"the mouse" versus "the cat"?
th-29.jpeg

Top Bottom