• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hybrid Bike Technology For The Elio?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cost, weight, complexity. There is not enough marginal improvement to the fuel economy for hybrid to make sense in this application. Hybrid makes most sense for heavy duty applications, and does not really pencil out for commuter applications.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cost, weight, complexity. There is not enough marginal improvement to the fuel economy for hybrid to make sense in this application. Hybrid makes most sense for heavy duty applications, and does not really pencil out for commuter applications.

I agree. Don't know the cost but, would like to see how many years until "break even" point.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
With such an inexpensive base vehicle I am sure people will be trying all kinds of things with the Elio platform. Many of the mods won't really make financial sense however they will be fun projects for their owners and provide the rest of us with many variations to look at and learn from. I can't wait to see what people come up with and I have a few project ideas myself! :)

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The simple genius of the Elio is what attracted me. No complicated technology (less cost AND less to go wrong!), and their price philosophy will tend to keep it out until the day rolls around that it's inexpensive and reliable, and I'm OK with that. I'm not at all anti technology, but there's a lot to be said for the KISS Principle. Look at the problems BMW and Mercedes have had with some of their electronics...

Top Bottom