• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Am Reserved - What Do You Spend Now?

How much do you spend in fuel now and how much should you save?

• less than 100

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • enough to have a party :-)

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am gestimating a savings of $123 a week in fuel. Even more when I can leave the truck parked on Saturday's. $6,300 a year in savings.

Last edited:

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Eric. Stop by the newbi thread and say hi. I am out the gas cash like ya'll. I have calculated about $2,600 a year in savings for myself. I have seen the P3 and P4; I really like this car.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Confusing poll choices, judging by your post I assumed $/month you were asking. I spend about $180 a month and expect to save at least $90-110/month, so I checked the top two choices.

The great thing about this car is it won't just be the gas savings. The other savings that should also come with it, less insurance, less depreciation, and everything else that comes with having a smaller car. Sure I'll choose to keep my other car on the road, but by the time Elio should be in my driveway it will only cost a few hundred a year to insure. And the annual mileage should drop from 20k to about 1-2k when I need room for 3 people or more.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am gestimating a savings of $123 a week in fuel. Even more when I can leave the truck parked on Saturday's. $6,300 a year in savings.

Call me weird, but I'm looking forward to burning some of the savings by driving my 12 MPG truck a bit more. I enjoy driving it, but it mostly sits now unless I need to use it.

A Sunday drove in the truck "just because" is something I miss from the cheap gas era.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I spend about $10 a day on fuel to go to work, my car gets about 19mpg (SUV not the bug) and it takes premium gas only. I figure if I only used it for work it will take 3 years to pay for itself.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I spend very little on my car/trucks for fuel unless I'm traveling to see my son's family on the West side of the state, but do spend 300-500 a month on the bikes for fuel...I ride almost everyday, gets me out of the house and I enjoy the heck out of it.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My fuel bill is about $200 per month if I just go to the PO, theDoc, a friend or two and grocery store. If I travel anywhere that could run up to $100 a day, using only the truck. The drop top is about half the fuel cost of the truck and the MC is about half of the car.

Eric Murphy

Reaction score
I drive 120 a day round-trip to and from work. I spend about $160 every two weeks and by my calculations on a yearly basis I will save aproximately $4000 in fuel cost and that will almost pay for my Elio in the first year. I am ready for my Elio. It looks fun to drive too.

Top Bottom