• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Am Reserved - What Do You Spend Now?

How much do you spend in fuel now and how much should you save?

• less than 100

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • enough to have a party :-)

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am about 200/month also, and that is almost all work and back, so I figure my 44 miles per day will result in me spending a weeks gas for a full month, since I am running about 42$/week now.
I drive 84miles round trip at 75 MPH, in my 2007 Prius at 43mpg. If I go under 70 it hikes up to 47mpg. When I add errands this costs well over $200/mo.
So even with my Prius in the wings on standby, I'm still saving more than the cost of buying the Elio.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With my new job, and my new Sonic, I drive 140 a day round trip, at a cost of $16.00 a day, or $48.00 a week. Three 12hr days on and four off. The Elio will use 5 gal for the three days at the currant cost of $3.60 for a total of $18.00 a week. This will be a savings of $10.00 a day, $30.00 a week, or $1,560.00 a year.:)

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
gas-rationing-sign.jpg

I agree with Joshua, it isn't about the gas mileage at the moment, although that could certainly be a factor in the future. I remember vividly the gas embargo of the 70's, when almost every station just CLOSED. After that came the "ODD-EVEN" gas rationing. In the event of that type of issue repeating, which is an ever-present possibility, I see the Elio as a kind of insurance policy for the future. My van gets 28mpg, so right now, saving some gas money isn't that critical, but all that could change suddenly, and I want to be prepared.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Joshua, it isn't about the gas mileage at the moment, although that could certainly be a factor in the future. I remember vividly the gas embargo of the 70's, when almost every station just CLOSED. After that came the "ODD-EVEN" gas rationing. In the event of that type of issue repeating, which is an ever-present possibility, I see the Elio as a kind of insurance policy for the future. My van gets 28mpg, so right now, saving some gas money isn't that critical, but all that could change suddenly, and I want to be prepared.
Thanks for the memories. I had almost forgotten about the Odd-Even rationing. Hope those days never return and if they do the Elio will make a tremendous difference on the strain on petroleum resources and any potential gas rationing. I am excited about the Elio because it is a unique and historical vehicle. The fuel economy is just an added bonus and not the main reason for my decision to buy one.

Top Bottom