• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been absent here a long time (I needed a break from the chatter about Elio) and looked up my deposit date is coming on it's 5th anniversary. This looks like it will never happen and I think we have all been duped. I wish I was wrong, but sure that I am not. The worst car start up tragedies ended up producing some cars. TUCKER, BRICKLIN, DELOREON, FISKER ALL CRASHED BUT DID PRODUCE SOME.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey JD, if your non-refundable reservation was for $1000, you only lost $200 a year.
Did anyone with a refundable reservation ever get their money back?

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio vehicle is a very intriguing concept , but none of the specifications have ever been verified in the real world. Until that happens, Elio Motors is just marketing hype.

Paul appears to be a nice guy, but there’s nothing to indicate he has the entrepreneurial skills necessary to bring his dream to fruition.

Time is always of the essence with regards to any successful start-up.

After a decade of trying, the hand writing appears to be on the proverbial wall.

I wish someone else would take over the project, and at least build a finish prototype.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey JD, if your non-refundable reservation was for $1000, you only lost $200 a year.
Did anyone with a refundable reservation ever get their money back?
I did. I requested and received my refundable reservation deposit immediately after EM failed to use the Reg A+ $15 Million funding round for their stated purpose........$13 Million needed to build the 25 Elio prototypes for testing, a process that would take 4-6 weeks to obtain the various component parts from Elio suppliers and 4-6 weeks to build. The stated funding required for completing that all important prototype build and testing stage of development was why people invested in EM stock options. Also, EM stated that testing data would have been used to validate claims made on their ATVM Loan Application.

Last edited:
Top Bottom