• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Picked Up A Smart Car And Love It

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Nice! The Smart cabriolet was the main car I was looking at for a fun commuter while waiting for the Elio. Used, low mileage, good condition Smarts run in the $6k - $8k range around here. Hard to beat for a fun, reliable commuter.
I paid 6500.00 from a Subaru dealer as an out the door price including 4 new tires plus plus and plus. They origionaly wanted close to 8000.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually avoided a high speed collision in my smart on the freeway. The car felt stable throughout the maneuver, and I never felt like I was ever close to losing control. I thought Daimler did a fantastic job getting the vehicle dynamics down; the ESP, ABS, and other vehicle systems worked like a charm.

vietvetx2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I saw the title to this thread, "I Picked Up A Smart Car And Love It" and my first thought was, "well, they're pretty small cars, I'm sure they're not too difficult to pick up and carry."

In high school, a couple friends of mine picked up a bug and rotated it 90 degrees in its parking space, leaving the owner (a fellow classmate and prankster) trapped between two large pickup trucks. In the end, he thought it was hilarious.
We did the same thing in 65 to the Principals Isetta but between two trees. He had to get some football players get it out because the door open from the front. THEN he thought it was funny. aren't thought about that in 50 years and still laugh.

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In 1966 some "friends" put my Isetta in the science building and it took me a half hour to negotiate it down 1 flite of stairs and out the front door. Then a month later they put in the triangle parking lot corner guard (made out of 3 inch pipe. My dad had to come get me as there was no one left on campus to help me get it out. My dad was NOT happy about that.

Top Bottom