• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Wonder If This Is What Driving The Elio Will Feel Like...

Sportsman Matt

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Seeing it uses narrower tires than the Polaris Slingshot, as long as they don't use the same hard spring and shock setup as the Slingshot it should ride nice. I test rode a Slingshot and it was so stiff, every bump, crack and crevice in the asphalt was felt test riding the Slingshot.
I think the Elio should be much tamer.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This looks like one cool car, and while Jason doesn't say how much it cost, I'm sure I'll be able to fit it into my budget somehow...

What It's Like To Drive The Most Beautiful Homemade Car On Earth

Sweet! IMG_0248.JPG

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The guy's got some fabrication skills for sure! Thanks for the link!

As for the title of your thread? Pure joy...because I'll be finally driving it!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This looks like one cool car, and while Jason doesn't say how much it cost, I'm sure I'll be able to fit it into my budget somehow...

What It's Like To Drive The Most Beautiful Homemade Car On Earth

Just a glorified Karmann Ghia in aluminum converted to mid-engine. My mid-engine Chev-powered Toyota has more in common to it than an Elio. The Viking research cars are the most similar to it.

The 1970 Ford Fiesta has more in common to the Elio than this 'Beautiful' car. But given the center seating added to FWD, there really isn't much out there custom, prototype or production that will be exactly like the Elio.

Last edited:
Top Bottom