• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

If My Elio Is A Motorcycle...

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Side car won't work, it will add that pesky 4th wheel and make it unworkable. The whole idea of external seating will work if we just go back time, Rumble seat anyone? It will be tight confines and will probably resemble a ferris wheel seat and will have a boat load of air resistance but it might fly. If you don't mind looking like you belong in a Shriner's Parade Unit (by the way, the Shriner's do WONDERFUL WORK. It's not a slam on them, their cars are, fun though).

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was actually just a joke, and to see if some gearhead (no disrespect, only admiration) would try to come up with a way to actually do it.
That's ok, that's what these posts are for! To let the imagination run rampant! I was actually thinking about some side pods connected to the chassis somehow, but it just didn't seem like it could be swung. Keep putting these way out suggestions out, they are fun and sometimes the responses are a little more serious than need be!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was actually just a joke, and to see if some gearhead (no disrespect, only admiration) would try to come up with a way to actually do it.
What about one of those tag along thingys (I have no idea what they are called) that I see being pulled behind bicycles with either kids or pets in them? Could that be towed safely by an Elio? :-) Z

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about one of those tag along thingys (I have no idea what they are called) that I see being pulled behind bicycles with either kids or pets in them? Could that be towed safely by an Elio? :) Z
I like answers to problems that are so obvious and should have been thought of immediately. Even if it's only for an exercise for the imaginaton! Yes, that is a great solution, with a fairing that mimics the Elio. Well done Z!

Sidecar Bob

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you put a very large saddle-bag on the right side someone could ride in it.
The kids would love it, or a pet.
Now all the people that want a family car would be happy?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If my Elio is a motorcycle, maybe I'll add a sidecar. That ought to look unique.

Here is my version of an Elio and sidecar.
1addba5fa0dd034499f871c560162d5a.jpg

Top Bottom