• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

If Not Anything Else....

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This vehicle, idea, dream or whatever you want to call it, has obviously touched a nerve in society!
Look at some of the posts and responses, especially the ones about modifications etc. (although some are scary, some are hokey and some are very cutting edge), it has awakened the minds of people to a new way of doing something...TRAVELLING again! Something that disappeared when the price of gas went up.
Look at the aftermarket potential, from wraps to wheels, interiors to making the vehicle a "kit".
I hope that the people that write in on ideas like extra lights, horns etc. etc. go see the vehicle, because once you see it is a Toyota Camry length, split in half, it's not as small as you think! So the fears of many should be put to rest when they see it in person, feel the suspension, the cozy safe feeling when you are inside and the door is shut to your cockpit, amusement park, cocoon type feel.
The basic design is simple, elegant, sleek and very up to date, leaning on the doorstep of things to come. Yet it being simple, PEOPLE will be able to go back to working on their own vehicle, like the old days (well for the most part anyway). I am a mechanic by trade, I work on multi million dollar aircraft and there are times I wish we went back to simple. I own two vintage British sports cars from the 60's, and simple is fun, enjoyable, reliable and easy.
Maybe the pendulum is swinging back a bit, toward a simpler life, but if not anything else, this man and his vision has stirred us all. Thanks Paul!

D.D.Bwana

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
This vehicle, idea, dream or whatever you want to call it, has obviously touched a nerve in society!
Look at some of the posts and responses, especially the ones about modifications etc. (although some are scary, some are hokey and some are very cutting edge), it has awakened the minds of people to a new way of doing something...TRAVELLING again! Something that disappeared when the price of gas went up.
Look at the aftermarket potential, from wraps to wheels, interiors to making the vehicle a "kit".
I hope that the people that write in on ideas like extra lights, horns etc. etc. go see the vehicle, because once you see it is a Toyota Camry length, split in half, it's not as small as you think! So the fears of many should be put to rest when they see it in person, feel the suspension, the cozy safe feeling when you are inside and the door is shut to your cockpit, amusement park, cocoon type feel.
The basic design is simple, elegant, sleek and very up to date, leaning on the doorstep of things to come. Yet it being simple, PEOPLE will be able to go back to working on their own vehicle, like the old days (well for the most part anyway). I am a mechanic by trade, I work on multi million dollar aircraft and there are times I wish we went back to simple. I own two vintage British sports cars from the 60's, and simple is fun, enjoyable, reliable and easy.
Maybe the pendulum is swinging back a bit, toward a simpler life, but if not anything else, this man and his vision has stirred us all. Thanks Paul!
Well said!
The Elio is a Cub in a Lear world.
(From one A&P to another.)

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Alaska, 1975 after I received my A&P certificate.
Me and Pilgrim Anchorage AK 1976.jpg

Two Pilgrims at Merrill Field, Anchorage, AK.

Top Bottom