• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm All In....

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The locked-in poll has been running for two weeks. It bobbed around at first, but has been stable for the past week at abut 93% yes, 7% no.
When it's that consistent, it's saying something real, about this group at least.

What concerns me a bit is that we are the aficionados, the gung-ho, the faithful. If 7% of us are reluctant to sign a statement of commitment, what percentage of "wash-outs" (a convenient term for all-inners who won't also commit) can Elio expect from the much larger and much less dedicated pool of all-ins?

If it drops below 75%, I'd see that as a real problem, and under 50% as extremely serious. On the other hand, 65,000 is not a number written in stone by the DOE; it's an arbitrary number Elio set in order to get something solid to the DOE in the near future. I know they don't expect 65,000 commitments -- in fact, they're expecting a significant wash-out percentage.

That's why it's so important for Elio to communicate accurately, often, and clearly about the commitment business. They've started to do that, and I sure hope they continue.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to believe 65,000 is a completely random number that EM pulled out of the air thinking it would somehow satisfy DOE and the ATVM loan officer. I think it's much more likely the 65,000 figure was reached through mutual negotiations and reflects an expected combination of a desirable commitment rate (I prefer to use positive terms) somewhere between 1 and 100% and non-commitment market interest.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to believe 65,000 is a completely random number that EM pulled out of the air thinking it would somehow satisfy DOE and the ATVM loan officer. I think it's much more likely the 65,000 figure was reached through mutual negotiations and reflects an expected combination of a desirable commitment rate (I prefer to use positive terms) somewhere between 1 and 100% and non-commitment market interest.
I have wondered where EM got the 65000 goal?

Top Bottom