• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm Growing Weary From All The Delays...

Eliodude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've have a non-refundable deposit placed years ago, and I'm finally growing weary from all the delays.

And now Elio is asking me to recommit by signed a silly agreement, really?????

Anyone who gets caught up by the short-term pricing of $7000/$7300 is missing the point.

Elio needs firmed-up orders now, in order to keep is government loan illusion alive. In order to take orders, Elio needed to establish a retail price.

Okay, done. For now. Temporarily. Until further notice.

Elio's only viable strategy was to price the vehicle close to its targeted price, in order to maintain the illusion of trust within the customer base and induce their follow-through.

Elio's clever offer benefits by not having to promise a deliver-by date.

Either by bankruptcy or by success, when the future time comes for any delivery accountability, there will be a clear resolution either (1) via the court system, or (2) via Elio's successful production launch.

Now, back to the $7000 that has people fixated. Think of a $7000 price as a temporary "loss leader" having absolutely nothing to do with the eventual pricing that any reservation holders will be expected to pay if they fail now to firm up their order.

Elio has made NO price promise to any group except to any of the first 65,000 reservation holders who will agree to an ironclad commitment to their deal.

If this ever flies, an Elio will likely carry a retail price significantly higher than the order-now $7000 "deal" at hand.

Remember, this deal has only one purpose: to generate enough irrevocable orders to keep the government interested in funding a massive loan. This is not about selling consumers cars and a fair price. As we've seen at every turn, consumers are once more being played as pawns.

Hopefully the government will walk away and insist that Elio secures private funding.

I will not sign their silly commitment order, they already have my $1,000, that should be enough!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've have a non-refundable deposit placed years ago, and I'm finally growing weary from all the delays.

Anyone who gets caught up by the short-term pricing of $7000/$7300 is missing the point.

Elio needs firmed-up orders now, in order to keep is government loan illusion alive. In order to take orders, Elio needed to establish a retail price.

Elio's only viable strategy was to price the vehicle close to its targeted price, in order to maintain the illusion of trust within the customer base and induce their follow-through.

Either by bankruptcy or by success, when the future time comes for any delivery accountability, there will be a clear resolution either (1) via the court system, or (2) via Elio's successful production launch.

Now, back to the $7000 that has people fixated. Think of a $7000 price as a temporary "loss leader" having absolutely nothing to do with the eventual pricing that any reservation holders will be expected to pay if they fail now to firm up their order.

Elio has made NO price promise to any group except to any of the first 65,000 reservation holders who will agree to an ironclad commitment to their deal.

If this ever flies, an Elio will likely carry a retail price significantly higher than the order-now $7000 "deal" at hand.

Remember, this deal has only one purpose: to generate enough irrevocable orders to keep the government interested in funding a massive loan. This is not about selling consumers cars and a fair price. As we've seen at every turn, consumers are once more being played as pawns.

Hopefully the government will walk away and insist that Elio secures private funding.

I will not sign their silly commitment order, they already have my $1,000, that should be enough!
We all know why they did it, and if that leads us to get our vehicles quicker, then where do I sign up? Since I am in that first 65,000, then I have a price promise. And since I am a consumer, then how am I being played as a pawn? By helping Elio secure a loan? I guess your 'pawn' is my 'partner'.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Troll ???
Not sure just yet? They do come in many shades of deceipt.

Let us wait for the next few responses so we can be sure.

But I must admit...he/she is an elliquent writer. Well thought out formation of ideas and very well laid out.

Bet he/she could write a Novel.

Last edited:

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Eliodude, you have been in the hunt for an Elio since mid 2014. Now you want to quit cooperating and throw a tantrum. I am reminded of the story about the guy who decided to swim across the lake. The lake was pretty wide and about 3/4's of the way across he decided he could not make it so he turned around and swam back. Eliodude, Elio has your money. If they don't make a product your money is gone. Refusing to agree to a government mandated commitment might give you a feeling of power or a woody or something but it won't help Elio produce vehicles. It is pretty simple. Sign and increase your chances of getting your $1000 back. Don't sign and increase your chances of getting bupkis.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've have a non-refundable deposit placed years ago,
You're #6278? Cool. I'm #6272! I bet I clicked the button a few minutes before you did. :)

The agreement is far from silly. It may not mean much to you, but it means a lot to them, and to the DOE from whom they are hoping to get some money. So if it doesn't hurt you, but helps them, then what's the problem?

Illusion? Not sure why it would be an illusion. They are progressing down the path that the DOE is guiding them. If they had no possible chance of getting the loan, then I don't think the DOE would be asking them to do additional things to show interest. I have to believe that the DOE and EM mutually agreed that the lock-in commitment was sufficient to satisfy the DOE requirements. From the experience I have had working with government agencies, they are usually very helpful in helping you determine and meet the requirements.

Well, yes. I agree. If they deliver vehicles, then there's going to be a lot of happy people, and all will be forgiven. If they go bankrupt and fail to deliver anything, then there's going to be a lot of angry people, and, yes, most likely a lot of lawsuits. In which case only the lawyers will be happy.

At this point, EM has advertised $7300 as the final price they will charge. It's not an estimate anymore. They have specifically stated that anyone who as an all-in will get to buy at a price of $7300. They cannot change that now without a huge loss of credibility, and probably a bunch of lawsuits. It would be virtual suicide.

However, based on the very specific wording of the announcement, I think that the eventual price that non-all-in people will have to pay will be higher than $7300. So, yes, the $7300 price could very well be a loss leader. Get the vehicles out that they have (essentially) promised to build, get the name recognition out there, and get them things on the road to drive interest in the vehicle.

Not quite. They have made two price commitments: $7,000 for all-ins who commit to buying a vehicle, and $7300 to those all-ins who don't commit. And this price commitment only holds until they have reached 65,000 total reservations. That very specific wording, in small print no less, is what makes me believe that the final price to "want ins" and non-reservation holders will be somewhat higher. I have no firm idea how much more, but probably probably at least $7800.

Then don't sign it. You are not required to sign it. But those few simple clicks will save you $300.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would concur with what the others have said. Your rant seems to be counterproductive to helping you get the vehicle you already have a deposit for. I get the frustrations, I think we all hoped and wished that we had our Elios by now. But, I think it would be in our best interest to help out as much as possible to make that dream a reality.

Top Bottom