• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Imitation, The Sincerest Form Of Flattery

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few weeks ago Lexus debuted their new RC F sports coupe. Anything look familiar here?

LexusRCFOrange-thumb-600x282-2197.jpg

Uh . . . . yeah . . . .

A few years ago Nissan offered an "orange" interior that was more of a retina-searing "nuclear basketball" shade. Now it looks like Lexus is going to offer its premium sports coupe in "Creamsicle" too. If you squint just right, it looks a lot like the P4 with the wheel fairings blended into the fuselage. Looks like the guys over at Toyota/Lexus have been taking notes here.

Last edited:

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what you're really saying is that Elio is imitating all the other makers who have produced orange cars? o_O
I'd have to drink a bottle of Jack, spin slowly hopping on one foot, close one eye, and have a buddy poke my open eye before I'd see a similarity of the Elio and the Lexus.

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what you're really saying is that Elio is imitating all the other makers who have produced orange cars? o_O
I'd have to drink a bottle of Jack, spin slowly hopping on one foot, close one eye, and have a buddy poke my open eye before I'd see a similarity of the Elio and the Lexus.
Hahaha...!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay... The orange... Let me tell you a little story about the orange. My wife has never been a fan of the Elio. In the very beginning, I put down my $100 and she wasn't impressed. Then, several months later, she said "Just get it already. I'm tired of hearing about it already." In a fit of sanity, I did. Quickly. It's not that she's in charge but as they say "If Momma's happy, everybody is happy." Anyway, since then, she's been slowly coming around. She's not exactly excited about getting one but she won't miss my $320 a month in fuel. "Now, What does that have to do with orange?" I'm getting to that. When you guys post pictures here, I'd show her. "Look, I think it looks good from this angle." "Looks like a squished car" Whatever. Slowly, though, I could tell that she was coming around. She quit with the snide comments and seemed to like it a bit. She even said "That white one would be okay. Your red truck, my blue car... Red, white, and blue. So, I had a feeling she was harboring secret Elio feelings. It was confirmed one day while on base and driving back from the shoppette. I said "There's an orange Dodge that usually parks in that dorm parking lot." and she said, "You mean that Elio Orange one?"... a tear rolled down my cheek.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Uh, no. The P4 debuted around the first of the year, the Lexus RC F in May - at least a four month lead by Elio. Now as to design; note the beltline, the raised hoodline that carries forward much like the P4, even the cowl vent behind the front wheel that imitates the Elio's wheel fairing and the large grill opening (to be changed on P5, I understand). Also there is a rather large difference between "orange", "dirty orange", and "Creamsicle". Oddly enough, although I don't know what it's called by the manufacturer, Lexus' US reps are calling the color of their car "Creamsicle". OK, the RC F has a fourth wheel, and a rather awkward one at that. Lexus has always had a rather big butt on their sports models.

Top Bottom