• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Imitation, The Sincerest Form Of Flattery

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what you're really saying is that Elio is imitating all the other makers who have produced orange cars? o_O
I'd have to drink a bottle of Jack, spin slowly hopping on one foot, close one eye, and have a buddy poke my open eye before I'd see a similarity of the Elio and the Lexus.
In my case, I was thinking of the color. LOL Although I still consider the Creamsicle as the best color for driving along roads lined with green trees. It will definitely stand out in that "crowd". As for the Lexus? Way too big! LOL :-) Z

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Uh, no. The P4 debuted around the first of the year, the Lexus RC F in May - at least a four month lead by Elio. Now as to design; note the beltline, the raised hoodline that carries forward much like the P4, even the cowl vent behind the front wheel that imitates the Elio's wheel fairing and the large grill opening (to be changed on P5, I understand). Also there is a rather large difference between "orange", "dirty orange", and "Creamsicle". Oddly enough, although I don't know what it's called by the manufacturer, Lexus' US reps are calling the color of their car "Creamsicle". OK, the RC F has a fourth wheel, and a rather awkward one at that. Lexus has always had a rather big butt on their sports models.
Colors are colors, and they all have names - so because someone is calling the Lexus color the same as an Elio color, they're imitating it? The body much more resembles a 350/370z or a G35 than an Elio.
So if I named my kid the same name as you named your kid - my kid is imitating yours? I mean, assuming they both had orange, or dirty orange hair, and roughly the same beltline? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom