• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Any One Planning On Waiting Till The Second Year To Buy An Elio?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I mean really, that is what the reservation system is about. Do you buy in the first year, or later,,, or never, I guess

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the reservation system is just that. Not totally understanding your question. They are taking reservations for the first year of production cars. Non reservation holders will be able to purchase, once all the reservation holders have gotten theirs. As for your title, I would think that there are many people who fit that.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just thinking about how much the reservation numbers get typed about, and wondered how many would be planning to just wait. I know 2 years from now would be a lot of waiting, but,,,,

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waiting for the 2nd year lets you (hopefully) get a vehicle that's had some of the bugs and kinks worked out of it (My '79 Mustang, first model after the Mustang II, suffered some of that. Ford 'refined' a lot of things with the 1980 model). The first generation of most any product isn't quite as good as latter iterations (whether you're talking an all new car from any manufacturer, consumer electronics, software - for years common wisdom with Microsoft was wait for the 3rd release of their software, and NEVER use the .0 version in production). That said, wait ANOTHER year????? I may buy a 2nd one the 2nd year, but I want mine as soon as I can get it, bugs and all. I'm hoping with the number 8706, a few of the bigger kinks will already be identified and fixed, but I fully expect a few issues with a completely new platform. Part of thee experience!

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, the second one will be after the first year. For a lot of the same reasons some are already waiting on!
I fully intend to get a first Year Model. Only those individuals have shown dedication to a vision and put their money up as their voice! IMO.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll get my first one the first year and the second (and maybe 3rd one) the second year.
I'll keep the year one car all stock, the second will be for customizing, 3rd for wife.
Or depending on how much she loves it, the 2nd maybe hers, the 3rd one for custom.

<Hmmm maybe a 4th for all out speed> :D:):D

Top Bottom