• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Still Saying Mid 2016 To Start Production?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quite interesting. I think some people reserving now will be disappointed if 2016 comes and goes with no Elio. And to be honest, can't say I would blame them.

I always felt that Angel investor, might kick in the rest of the money if need be. After all, he is out everything, if there is no profit from sales. In for a Penny, In for a Dollar type of thing. So maybe that's why Paul feels good about 2016.

Should be an interesting year in Elio news/actions/developments!! Hang on, might be a bit of a bumpy ride along with a lot of excitement.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, we'll find out in about twelve months whether they'll technically meet the Q4 2016 deadline or not. There's no way to know for sure at this point. Anyone claiming that it's impossible is just as wrong as anyone who claims it's certain.

Besides, who really cares about a few months either way? Would you cancel your reservation if your Elio delivery was delayed until January 10th rather than December 20th?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, we'll find out in about twelve months whether they'll technically meet the Q4 2016 deadline or not. There's no way to know for sure at this point. Anyone claiming that it's impossible is just as wrong as anyone who claims it's certain.

Besides, who really cares about a few months either way? Would you cancel your reservation if your Elio delivery was delayed until January 10th rather than December 20th?
For me the delay has worked out. When I reserved 2 summers ago, I think it was due out the next year. I should be in much better financial shape to buy it at the end of next year instead.

However, I would think many would expect and want it when its stated to come out on the site. Hard dates like that, seem to imply they know it will be available at that time.

Many might "need" it then. Lease will be done then. Old car dying or its inspection is due then, etc etc.

I personally feel they should be careful with hard dates unless they are really sure they can deliver. It certainly don't help with credibility to miss them.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would rather they say nothing, than miss set goals. I gave up even reading their emails anymore. The one I will open will have in subject line send final payment. Still have a place to park it ready , still have cash set aside to pay for it. I still want it.
No one knows if 2016 will be the year all we can do is wait.
An other car will fit in real nice around here now So looking forward to that send payment email.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SEC Reg A+ filing was signed/authorized by Paul Elio & the Board of Directors. It is a very official statement, much more reliable than a press conference. I've not seen anywhere that Paul Elio has stated that the SEC filing is inaccurate, or that it is a "worst case scenario". The actual wording of the filing indicated that the last quarter of 2016 was a best-case scenario, and that 2017 was more likely. The time frames were presented as being Elio's plans, and the financial statements were presented as accurate and audited.

I get the impression that you think EM is just sitting around on their collective "thumbs" until they get SEC approval. I don't recall reading that anyone here is on the board of directors for EM...myself included.
What I AM sure of?.....PE and the EM team, are some of the most dedicated people I have ever had the privilege to meet. I don't think a single one of them are "sandbaggers" "goldbrickers" "naredowells" "roustabouts" "shysters" "ponzie-schemers" or "doodie-heads".

And that's all I have to say about that. :confused: :D

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get the impression that you think EM is just sitting around on their collective "thumbs" until they get SEC approval. I don't recall reading that anyone here is on the board of directors for EM...myself included.
What I AM sure of?.....PE and the EM team, are some of the most dedicated people I have ever had the privilege to meet. I don't think a single one of them are "sandbaggers" "goldbrickers" "naredowells" "roustabouts" "shysters" "ponzie-schemers" or "doodie-heads".

And that's all I have to say about that. :confused: :D

Not that you asked, but here's what I think. You may change or keep your impression at your discretion.

I think that the SEC filing was the most complete and accurate information that Elio has given us yet. I think that it is an honest representation of their financial history, current status and plans.

I think that Elio blew it big time with the P5. This was a great opportunity to not only prove the naysayers wrong, but to drive the investment in the Reg A+ offering. It was also the opportunity to build a production-spec prototype capable of the testing needed to meet the ATVM requirements. As it is, the naysayers are still laughing, the Reg A+ response is weak, and the ATVM testing will have to wait another 6 months or more until the E-series prototypes are completed.

I think that another production delay announcement is inevitable at this point.

I think that "ne'er-do-well" is the correct spelling.

I think that Christmas is a great time of year, with all of its original meaning.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like you wouldn't be happy short of a perfectly finished production vehicle for the P5. It was never intended to be that. What it is meant to do is to prove that the design changes from the P4 (IAV engine fit-up, transmission,suspension, aero, rear seat comfort) are effective. Mileage ratings can be estimated from the P5, but they won't be final until the production design is frozen.

On the Reg A+ offering, do you have some information the rest of us are not aware of? As far as I know, the only indication of success so far is that EM claimed to have enough purchased shares to start the E-series builds (aka cleared the $12.6MM escrow mark) shortly after the 7-day window ended. That doesn't sound "weak" to me.

Not that your opinion isn't valid, I just don't get how you can have such a pessimistic view of the recent events. Everything has gone about as well as I could have expected.

Top Bottom