• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Issues With The Elio Blog

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been following it now for about 6 weeks and all they talk about is the road tour.....

NO REAL MEAT AND POTATOES on how they are looking towards making it to production !!! :mad:

I for one would like to hear about what's going on with the company, NOT the road tour !!!!

Come on Paul, you have our money, how about some info !!!!!!!!!!!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been following it now for about 6 weeks and all they talk about is the road tour.....

NO REAL MEAT AND POTATOES on how they are looking towards making it to production !!! :mad:

I for one would like to hear about what's going on with the company, NOT the road tour !!!!

Come on Paul, you have our money, how about some info !!!!!!!!!!!

They use Facebook much more than the blog and answer questions there as well. They are more forthcoming than any other manufacturer (or future manufacturer) than I have ever seen.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They use Facebook much more than the blog and answer questions there as well. They are more forthcoming than any other manufacturer (or future manufacturer) than I have ever seen.
Perhaps; but they said that the PURPOSE of their 'Weekly BLOG' was:
  • "Each week we are taking you along on our journey by sharing some of our progress making your Elio." Quote from 13, Sept, 2013 –

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A great deal of the blog is recycled copy from the website - and I agree its getting stale. But those of us who have been around here for more than a couple of months fail to realize is that there is a big wave of new prospects rising behind us - people who are new to the product AND the concept. These folks need to be fed - even if to us the dish is the same as we had for the last several Fridays.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe they have been doing just that.......I suspect that progress is at somewhat of a stalemate until the engine is complete and the prototype build begins in Aug/Sept. Elio motors is much more forthcoming than say Lit Motors where it's "will share that when we get closer to production". Elio is making honest progress and responding directly to fan questions rather quickly on their Facebook Page.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The blog is not an asset, IMO, for reasons stated above. The "holiday gas savings" piece was truly embarrassing because it got the math WAY wrong... dividing instead of multiplying, as I recall ... but overall, it's just a rehash. Reportable news doesn't run in weekly streams; it's a spurt here and there.

So how do you fill the space? Rehash? NO! You drill down into issues like redesigning the windshield wiper (a major challenge, according to Jerome Vassallo), why it's a big deal, and why it's worth doing.

Or you say something on the differences between production interior and prototype interior.

Talk about raising the roof 2" (that's actually being done) and the implications for all the other design elements, and why it's being done.

There's lots of stuff, small things, that Elio could discuss in a weekly blog.

Of course, maybe the blog is aimed at people considering the car, not those who are already convinced it's for them and who follow Elio doings like a hound tracking a fox, so for Elio's purpose, rehashing the party line is a perfectly good thing to do.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course, maybe the blog is aimed at people considering the car, not those who are already convinced it's for them and who follow Elio doings like a hound tracking a fox, so for Elio's purpose, rehashing the party line is a perfectly good thing to do.
I agree with the first part of your reply and disagree with the effectiveness of the possible strategy described in the above quote.

I don't have an active Facebook account and don't want one. I have an issue with it's adverse affect on a person's privacy. Not that it's relevant, but I don't waste money / air minutes on texting either. Believe it or not, there are a few like me that most likely include "people considering the car." Some of the curious who do have an active facebook account may be stopping at the blog and not making the connection to Elio's more informative facebook activity. Just as an example, from reading this site's posts, it looks to me like there are a great deal of members that do not follow EM's Facebook page. I don't really think it would be a great deal of work to slightly edit the information they cover on Facebook and dump it onto the blog on a regular basis. It would probably work best if the extensive information was on a different page than the main "PR" blog page with a simple link provided. The reservation system is a Brilliant PR mechanism. Using Facebook (for "Facebookers") extensively is Brilliant. But the EM site and the blog are the "front doors" for many and do not seem to present a transparent company. Trust is crucial. Most people no longer subscribe to, and are turned off by, horn blowing and drum beating with no real connection or substance. If you were to do a Google search, I'm sure this site would come up in the first few returns. That means that this site gets quite a few non-member guests every day. I know that the blog comes up near the top of the list. EM, I know you're trying to keep costs to bare bones, but don't blow a large opportunity just to save pocket change.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't have an active Facebook account either for the same reason. However, I was compelled to do so to follow progress updates on 2 concept vehicles (on which I was also compelled to put down reservation deposits) the Elio & the Lit C-1. Both companies respond directly to questions or comments with Elio Motors being much more open with information and progress updates. Lit not so much......"can't share that until we get closer to production".......now that's WEAK!

Elio summarizes the most important issues & questions of the week from their Facebook activity in their Friday's Blog is up! It may not be enough detailed info for some but Elio is open with info. regarding the vehicle and I give them credit.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
When the blog was first started it was intended to be where all information was posted however since then things have changed and the blog has become purely a marketing tool and we just need to treat it as such and be pleasantly surprised when they post more useful information to those of us closely following along. As has been pointed out it is frequently used to summarize what the marketing/social media team has been posting to Facebook throughout the week.

Thing really shifted earlier this year when Elio Motors began producing the Tech Talk series of emails which is where they moved most of the in depth and technical information about Elio Motors and their plans. For those who have not read through the Tech Talk information we have a Tech Talk Archive thread which contains links to all the Tech Talks which number about two dozen at this time. As a whole they have provided us a lot of very good information.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/tech-talk-archive.1128/

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree with the first part of your reply and disagree with the effectiveness of the possible strategy described in the above quote.

I don't have an active Facebook account and don't want one. I have an issue with it's adverse affect on a person's privacy. Not that it's relevant, but I don't waste money / air minutes on texting either. Believe it or not, there are a few like me that most likely include "people considering the car." Some of the curious who do have an active facebook account may be stopping at the blog and not making the connection to Elio's more informative facebook activity. Just as an example, from reading this site's posts, it looks to me like there are a great deal of members that do not follow EM's Facebook page. I don't really think it would be a great deal of work to slightly edit the information they cover on Facebook and dump it onto the blog on a regular basis. It would probably work best if the extensive information was on a different page than the main "PR" blog page with a simple link provided. The reservation system is a Brilliant PR mechanism. Using Facebook (for "Facebookers") extensively is Brilliant. But the EM site and the blog are the "front doors" for many and do not seem to present a transparent company. Trust is crucial. Most people no longer subscribe to, and are turned off by, horn blowing and drum beating with no real connection or substance. If you were to do a Google search, I'm sure this site would come up in the first few returns. That means that this site gets quite a few non-member guests every day. I know that the blog comes up near the top of the list. EM, I know you're trying to keep costs to bare bones, but don't blow a large opportunity just to save pocket change.
The good thing about the Facebook blog, you don't need an account to just read what others are asking/saying and what EM is responding...so you may want to poke around and take a look at it.

Top Bottom