• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Issues With The Elio Blog

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've been following it now for about 6 weeks and all they talk about is the road tour.....

NO REAL MEAT AND POTATOES on how they are looking towards making it to production !!! :mad:

I for one would like to hear about what's going on with the company, NOT the road tour !!!!

Come on Paul, you have our money, how about some info !!!!!!!!!!!
Since it's not going through a "filter" moderator you end up with every end of the spectrum on here...which is what makes it laborious to read in some cases.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The good thing about the Facebook blog, you don't need an account to just read what others are asking/saying and what EM is responding...so you may want to poke around and take a look at it.
I just went there and of course you're absolutely right.
My issue? Not that long ago I went to a few Facebook pages and Facebook told me I had to open an account to view said pages.

That solves that for me personally, but I still think EM should say something like, "Click here to go to our Facebook page where we share and discuss more in-depth information on the developement of the Elio. While you're there, feel free to ask any question you like. We'll answer the best we can."

I still think EM is losing opportunities by not making the distinction and easy connection between the blog and the Facebook page crystal clear. That lip service on the blog alone will be lucky to win a single convert. I think the content (or lack of) and tone of the blog is condescending, insulting and lacks the ability to represent a transparent company. Putting myself in the place of someone who's first and/or only contact with EM is the blog, I really think the blog, by itself, is actually harmful to the cause. I ran a business for twenty years and certainly would not want the cr*p on that blog standing alone without at least a link to some real substance. And I don't mean all the video links to media-ready rehashed basic goals, lip service, horn blowing and drum beating.

But honestly, sincere thanks Danno for updating me on not needing a FB account to browse FB.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rickb,
I went to the Lit Site and it's totally broken!
I am using an older version of IE, but sites with non-supported updated code usually alert you if they anticipate major problems.
I then went to the Lit Facebook page, and it's just fine.
I saw the C-1 on Youtube some time ago, but am truely amazed with (correct me if I'm wrong) 0-60 in 6 seconds and 240 miles on a charge.
Wow. $24,000 is way too steep for me though.
I've already got two blinged out bikes that I paid $3000 and $1500, so even if the C-1 comes down to $12,000 in a few years, I'll really have to put some thought into it. But I've got to say, that thing is the sh*t and if it ever does come down to $12,000, they won't be able to make them fast enough.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just went there and of course you're absolutely right.
My issue? Not that long ago I went to a few Facebook pages and Facebook told me I had to open an account to view said pages.

That solves that for me personally, but I still think EM should say something like, "Click here to go to our Facebook page where we share and discuss more in-depth information on the developement of the Elio. While you're there, feel free to ask any question you like. We'll answer the best we can."

I still think EM is losing opportunities by not making the distinction and easy connection between the blog and the Facebook page crystal clear. That lip service on the blog alone will be lucky to win a single convert. I think the content (or lack of) and tone of the blog is condescending, insulting and lacks the ability to represent a transparent company. Putting myself in the place of someone who's first and/or only contact with EM is the blog, I really think the blog, by itself, is actually harmful to the cause. I ran a business for twenty years and certainly would not want the cr*p on that blog standing alone without at least a link to some real substance. And I don't mean all the video links to media-ready rehashed basic goals, lip service, horn blowing and drum beating.

But honestly, sincere thanks Danno for updating me on not needing a FB account to browse FB.
I'm wondering if the blog will change now that they have started an Event Blog. Only time will tell. :-) Z

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NOW is the 'ideal time' for the BLOG to get back 'on track'..... with the final stages of the IAV engine assembly and 'testing'..... and the Technosports Creative START of the next prototype (P5/"E") in Aug/Sep! They could do WEEKLY updates on PROGRESS, like they did last winter for the P4. Let's HOPE so. Guess like everything else with the ELIO...... we will have to 'WAIT and SEE'!

Top Bottom