• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

It Ain't Similar, But Damn... The Canoo Truck.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Computer Programmer wife is smarter than I am, although I win on the common sense end of the range. I hope the hell she doesn’t read this post! :)
Lol you just be nice to her then! If you have the need to argue with her, hide the Tesla keys!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like a stiff suspension feel the road ride over a jet smooth ride, so perhaps it’s not so much a rougher ride, but rather that I can hear the bumps in the road. Maybe lack of sound buffering, 41# tire pressure, or quieter EV cabin. Regardless, I like it in all three steering settings. I drive in Sport Mode because it makes me feel younger. :) I’ve switched steering settings and really can’t tell much difference. It’s a tech loaded vehicle, almost to hi tech for an old codger.
Lol as if the 380+ horses are not enough you have to switch to sport mode! Got me thinking though- it has 1 speed so how can you tell if it's faster in sports setting as oppose to "normal"?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lol as if the 380+ horses are not enough you have to switch to sport mode! Got me thinking though- it has 1 speed so how can you tell if it's faster in sports setting as oppose to "normal"?
The Tesla has three steering modes (standard, comfort, Sport) that changes the steering feel with zero impact on acceleration (0-60mph).
It has two acceleration modes (Standard and Chill) Chill slows the acceleration ( 0-60 mph is about 7.3 seconds). It’s for those that think the Tesla is to fast/quick and from a functional application increases range (on long road trips) for those that have a heavy foot. The acceleration mode can be changed easily while driving the car. I find my self using Chill about 50% of the time. My wife should use it 100% of the time. Chill is not to fast or to slow, just right for most drivers (old people) that don’t like to be pushed back into the seat when accelerating. I used it 100% of the time for winter driving for improved traction. It’s a fun car. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lol you just be nice to her then! If you have the need to argue with her, hide the Tesla keys!
I would hide the keys, but the car is controlled by the Tesla APP on her cell phone. I’d hide the phone, but her phone has a find it mode. Damn that technology! :)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would hide the keys, but the car is controlled by the Tesla APP on her cell phone. I’d hide the phone, but her phone has a find it mode. Damn that technology! :)
Lol We're in the 21st century and you're fortunate to own one of the most sophisticated and technologically advance vehicle. Well there you go Rickb, you're wife's the key so don't missplace her! :becky:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lol We're in the 21st century and you're fortunate to own one of the most sophisticated and technologically advance vehicle. Well there you go Rickb, you're wife's the key so don't missplace her! :becky:
LOL! The last car she had any interest in or fun driving was our 1980 Audi 4000, 5 speed manual transmission. 41 years later the Tesla MY. Also, she could have cared less about the FUV, until Arcimoto Joe, forced or rather encouraged her to test drive it. She became a fan and actually got her Idaho motorcycle endorsement shortly after returning home from the factory tour and test drive. We celebrated 53 years of marriage in March. She’s a keeper! :)

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I like the car so far. The ride is rougher than I thought it would be, but we both enjoy driving it more than any other car we’ve owned over the years. I’ve not experienced the Tesla ride equipped with air suspension, but sounds smoother and quieter. Perhaps an option on future MYs? I agree, it’s the perfect vehicle platform.

There is a Tesla Service Center in our area, but we are moving back to South Dakota soon and the closest Service Center is 180 miles. I’m concerned about the reliability of the mobile service option. My son says there is a number of Teslas driving around town, so they must have an adequate mobile servicing network. Time will tell.

Yes, I have the 20" wheels because I like the look, but the ride is noticeably stiffer than our Model 3 on 18"s. Makes for fun driving in the corners, but wouldn't mind a slightly softer ride. There are aftermarket suspension options that can help, but I'm not interested in putting the money into it at this point. I'd rather get the speed boost upgrade if I'm going to spend any money. I believe Tesla designed the Model 3/Y for an optional air suspension, but they haven't offered it yet.

I did have to get a few things worked out on our MY, chiefely they had to do an alignment, right after I bought it. However, we haven't had any issues since, and our Model 3 hasn't had any issues that weren't also present at delivery after more than 2.5 years. So, while being 180 miles away from a service center isn't ideal, as long as you get the bugs worked out early you probably won't need service for a LONG time.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I have the 20" wheels because I like the look, but the ride is noticeably stiffer than our Model 3 on 18"s. Makes for fun driving in the corners, but wouldn't mind a slightly softer ride. There are aftermarket suspension options that can help, but I'm not interested in putting the money into it at this point. I'd rather get the speed boost upgrade if I'm going to spend any money. I believe Tesla designed the Model 3/Y for an optional air suspension, but they haven't offered it yet.

I did have to get a few things worked out on our MY, chiefely they had to do an alignment, right after I bought it. However, we haven't had any issues since, and our Model 3 hasn't had any issues that weren't also present at delivery after more than 2.5 years. So, while being 180 miles away from a service center isn't ideal, as long as you get the bugs worked out early you probably won't need service for a LONG time.
I like the sound of speed boost, however, I drive in chill mode 50% of the time and standard is quick enough to push me back in the driver’s seat. The suspension works for me as well. My only Tesla Store option to date is Tesla mudflaps. :)

No issues or bugs with the car since taking delivery, so I hope you are right about not needing service for a long time. My neigbor has been a Model S owner for 5 years and wasn’t aware that the Tesla Service Center opened 2+ years ago in our area. He has been trouble free.......a good sign.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the sound of speed boost, however, I drive in chill mode 50% of the time and standard is quick enough to push me back in the driver’s seat. The suspension works for me as well. My only Tesla Store option to date is Tesla mudflaps. :)

No issues or bugs with the car since taking delivery, so I hope you are right about not needing service for a long time. My neigbor has been a Model S owner for 5 years and wasn’t aware that the Tesla Service Center opened 2+ years ago in our area. He has been trouble free.......a good sign.
You're backed up by a really big EV company so you should be worry-free for the life of your model MY. Only thing that makes sense to me is any Tesla model or the new Ford Mach-E GT Performance Edition, 0-60 in 3.5 sec, 480hp, 634 lb. ft. of torque. Aaaargh. I'm a follower of Mustang although I've never owned one- I have a relative that owns a 69' and just sits in his garage and I've been asking for years to sell with no luck.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're backed up by a really big EV company so you should be worry-free for the life of your model MY. Only thing that makes sense to me is any Tesla model or the new Ford Mach-E GT Performance Edition, 0-60 in 3.5 sec, 480hp, 634 lb. ft. of torque. Aaaargh. I'm a follower of Mustang although I've never owned one- I have a relative that owns a 69' and just sits in his garage and I've been asking for years to sell with no luck.
I feel fairly comfortable (after talking with a few owners) with Tesla’s sales and servicing network. Tesla’s charging network is also a huge advantage. The trip planner shows Tesla charging locations, when/where to stop, the number of chargers, and how many are being used. I’m amazed by the technology and have no idea if Ford has access to that kind of convenient charging network infrastructure across the country.

Last edited:
Top Bottom