• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

January 15, 2015 Delay And Delay Repercussions Discussion - All Others Will Be Combined!

halsherfey

Reaction score
It's time for Elio Motors to use all their remaining cash to offer refunds to any & all deposit holder's that make that request...

It's the ethical thing for Mr Elio to do given the current low probability that the Elio Vehicle will come to market...

And those that still wish to remain in line...can certainly do so...and keep their deposits in place...

Why all the consternation? And why the surprise? There could no more difficult business to launch than a car company. Thousands of moving parts. The delays are not only expected they're reassuring. Elio obviously wants to get this right. Relax and enjoy the development phase.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why any are surprised or disappointed in a production delay to 2016 . I'm no psychic , but even I knew that was the most realistic time frame .
This experiment is going to require patience . $100 million sounds daunting but we live in an era of 18 TRILLION dollars of debt . There will be someone of means who is enthusiastic about the Elio getting off the ground . The only issue is whether Paul Elio is willing to release some equity . IMHO, I think we can see a vehicle for under $9000 , 70+ MPG and ready to buy in late 2016 or early 2017.

Last edited:

bandc

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It's time for Elio Motors to use all their remaining cash to offer refunds to any & all deposit holder's that make that request...

It's the ethical thing for Mr Elio to do given the current low probability that the Elio Vehicle will come to market...

And those that still wish to remain in line...can certainly do so...and keep their deposits in place...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Invited him to ask WHY THE HOLD UP. He didn't ask them for a meeting. If no meeting you would still be thinking Dec. 2015 for your Elio.
Thanks Caddo for bringing out the truth.
True. I'd still be thinking 4th quarter of 2015. I'll bet it isn't easy to have to announce a delay. Paul surely can't feel good about it. I'm sure he delayed having to accept the delay as long as possible to give the finances time to work (or equipment to sell, whatever). I'm sure he knows that every delay takes away some credibility. He wouldn't be scrutinized so much if they didn't bother letting us knowso soon. He could have waited until September and said "You know, the funding didn't get in place until just last month and we need another 3 months to gear up the plant. We start hiring in 3 weeks." A lot can happen between this announced delay and the 4th quarter this year. They'll be funded, the engine will be done, IAV will gear up, crash testing will be completed... who knows? I'm glad they tell us anything. They don't have to say anything but they do. I think that has led to excessive criticism. The Wright brothers had a lot of naysayers but they managed. Thank goodness they didn't have the internet to see all the negativity. (and thank goodness they didn't believe the existing aerodynamics tables which were wrong at the time).

bandc

Elio Fan
Reaction score

Agree!!! If it sounds too good to be true, it is. If you are young and can afford to wait. go for it. For us over 65ers, I will plan on keeping my Spyder. I refund would be nice since I just sent in my $100 a few weeks ago, when you know Elio saw the writing on the wall.

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, I just kinda look at this place as like a bar that starts playing vintage football games on the TVs when basketball starts. My kinda place and draws my kinda people that are fun to talk about lotsa different things with. When live football starts up again next year we can start talking about whats happening on the field again. Untill then ,lots of things for like minded folk to discuss. How bout that gas cap, where did they put it now?? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom